Search

Flew with BA - BA said I didn't!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver
Flew with BA - BA said I didn't!

Hi all,

Bizarre and slightly worrying at the same time this one. Doing some spring-cleaning on my BAEC account and noticed I was missing a sector from a MAN - LON return last month.

Called the BAEC call centre who informed me that the return leg (LGW - MAN) hadn't credited since I had apparently been offloaded from the manifest since I hadn't got on the plane! Well, I'm pretty sure I did - and so are my family who were happy to see me when I got to the other end!

I'm now stuck in a Kafta-esque situation where there is nothing I can physically produce to prove I got on that plane. It's been suggested that I write to customer relations (which I shall) but has anyone else ever had this? And isn't it worrying that such a passenger-mismatch can happen?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Not sure who Kafta is...

What happened to your boarding pass? I guess they could still claim you didn't board. Maybe your boarding pass didn't register when you boarded and you were offloaded (very easily as I assume you had not checked luggage) as a no show at the gate.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Kafta is the lebanese version of kofta - kind of like a meatball but longer and thinner.

Kafta-esque means "like a lebanese meatball", which is indeed a very odd situation to be in.

Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
I found myself in a similar situation a while ago after points and miles didn't post for a PRN-LGW sector. BA initially denied all knowledge of me being on the flight, even though I had been sitting right next to Ellie, BA's lovely PRN airport manager, and had chatted with her throughout the flight!

I was eventually asked to send all supporting documents, including e-ticket receipt and boarding pass to BA's "Flight History Department" who eventually conceded that I was on the flight and credited the missing miles and points.

Originally Posted by beardedgeologist
Kafta is the lebanese version of kofta - kind of like a meatball but longer and thinner.
I beg to differ. A kafta is a kaftan without the n'ding ...

Coat at the ready.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:39 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by heartybob
I found myself in a similar situation a while ago after points and miles didn't post for a PRN-LGW sector. BA initially denied all knowledge of me being on the flight, even though I had been sitting right next to Ellie, BA's lovely PRN airport manager, and had chatted with her throughout the flight!

I was eventually asked to send all supporting documents, including e-ticket receipt and boarding pass to BA's "Flight History Department" who eventually conceded that I was on the flight and credited the missing miles and points.

Coat at the ready.
I'm still mystfied why you have to send off everything to credit BA flights. Time BA upgraded their systems somewhat.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I'm still mystfied why you have to send off everything to credit BA flights. Time BA upgraded their systems somewhat.
I guess like any system, BA's occasionally has a bad day.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
Try TK!

As I said in a post somewhere else, I was in this situation recently with TK. I entered my eticket number online, and the mileage due was instantly - and I really do mean instantly - credited to my account. Perhaps BA should take a lesson here?!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:49 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I guess like any system, BA's occasionally has a bad day.
I'm just bemused why when it is a QF flight you put your date of travel and name in and the points come, yet on BA you need more information and sometimes then you have to chase it. 7 x J flights from SFO to LHR on BA in January didn't post so the family account lost lots of miles. BA wouldn't allow me to deal with it at the same time as mine, saying that each person would have to call in and the family didn't do it for themselves, which in a sense serves them right, but if the flight had been on QF I could have filled in the form online and they would have posted within 2 or 3 days. Good system? For BA to save miles, yes
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Zhivago
As I said in a post somewhere else, I was in this situation recently with TK. I entered my eticket number online, and the mileage due was instantly - and I really do mean instantly - credited to my account. Perhaps BA should take a lesson here?!
BA's system usually works this way IME - miles and points are credited instantly.

I can only remember once when it didn't - as referred to above.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For 500 - 1,000 miles, which you can buy for GBP 30, is it really worth the hassle?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Not sure who Kafta is...

What happened to your boarding pass? I guess they could still claim you didn't board. Maybe your boarding pass didn't register when you boarded and you were offloaded (very easily as I assume you had not checked luggage) as a no show at the gate.
Would the flight actually leave in that instance? Don't they do a headcount and ensure the bodies on board match the figures from the gate?

Perhaps someone else did not turn up and they offloaded the OP by mistake. Maybe they had a similar name?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
For 500 - 1,000 miles, which you can buy for GBP 30, is it really worth the hassle?
You're asking this on FT????
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
You're asking this on FT????
^^^
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:37 am

A short kaftan? Sort of knee length, maybe?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Would the flight actually leave in that instance? Don't they do a headcount and ensure the bodies on board match the figures from the gate?

Perhaps someone else did not turn up and they offloaded the OP by mistake. Maybe they had a similar name?
I was thinking more along the lines of the boarding pass accidentally not being scanned or perhaps not registering properly when it was. A bit far fetched possibly. But possible, I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.