Search

AIRMILES. The UK reward scheme

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by louie-m
How? I've never worked out how to see anything other than BA flights
As I mentioned above, the default is BA flights but other airlines can be offered or can be selected from the menu.

It depends on your search. Different airlines may or may not be available. For example, looking for flights to New York, I have been offered BA and AA without selecting an airline. Selecting from the dropdown box, I have found other availability including CO. Likewise for Zurich, BA and LX have been offered without selecting. Most of the time, though, if you don't specify an airline you will be offered BA.

There are 25 airlines in the dropdown box!

For reasons I don't understand, there is generally no BA availability from LCY.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by Roger
For reasons I don't understand, there is generally no BA availability from LCY.

The Airmiles booking on BA is restricted to Leisure FIT rates. Many LCY flights are business market orientated thus no leisure FIT rates for many routes (LCY-JFK). However I had successfully managed LCY-EDI return with Airmiles.

I have to agree with many posters here that I do worry if the miles are going to rise for LHR departures...But the Airmiles have been inflated long time ago. I still remember two or three years back I used 375 Airmiles (plus 20 pounds or something similar) to get a BA LHR-Milan return. Now you need 1500 Airmiles for the same flight if I remember correctly. I believe in that the inflation comes in when Airmiles Duo credit card was offered for 1,500 sign up bonus Airmiles instead of 750...
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

It is rare to see a reward flight offered on a carrier other than BA, although this may be the case on a route BA do not serve(Malta, Auckland etc). If you are keen to fly on a carrier other than BA on a route they serve, then it is best to call AIRMILES directly as they can see a calender view at their end listing all dates where there is availability on other carriers.

Air NZ to LAX, Qantas to Auckland, CO direct to NYC from EDI/GLA are examples of good 'non-BA' carriers/routes to call for, all earning miles and TP's
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Air NZ to LAX, Qantas to Auckland, CO direct to NYC from EDI/GLA are examples of good 'non-BA' carriers/routes to call for, all earning miles and TP's

Yes as long as the excursion fare 3rd level is open...lol
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:06 am
Suspended

Just want to ask, has anyone else have their Airmiles promotional voucher disappeared from account?

That voucher provide the link to the promotion. But mine has been disappeared after I saw it twice during last few weeks...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by IC6A
Just want to ask, has anyone else have their Airmiles promotional voucher disappeared from account?
Yes, see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...sco-ba-40.html
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IC6A

That voucher provide the link to the promotion. But mine has been disappeared after I saw it twice during last few weeks...
Voucher should still be valid, if it was there before it should still show at their end. If not, protest it was there before and they will honour it.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
How would the Airmiles 241 voucher work with regional departures?

Has anyone got any thoughts on the best use?

Regards,

M&M
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
How would the Airmiles 241 voucher work with regional departures?

Has anyone got any thoughts on the best use?

Regards,

M&M
I have booked regionals. It should be the 500miles per person domestic charge as the 2-4-1 is only valid on the CE leg, however i tried a few agents until i eventually got one who was willing to to book the domestics in as 2-4-1.

I booked 4 seats from GLA-BUD rtn via LHR for 7000 miles; 6k for the LHR-BUD CE, and 1k for the GLA-LHR Domestics(which we will get lounge acccess/fast track with as connecting to a CE flight)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: BA bronze
If looking for availability on the Airmiles website for international flights from a regional airport via London it's best to perform a search by specifying "All London Airports" as the departure point especially if you want to travel in a premium cabin.
e.g. if you search for EDI-HKG in business class you will not see flights available for Airmiles on any date but if you search for flights from All London Airports to HKG there are dates with flights available. You can then phone Airmiles to book the flights along with connecting flights to and from EDI.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Used my Tesco 2-4-1 voucher today to book flights to Italy for the second May Bank Holiday next year. The added bonus is that we managed to book them into I class, so a decent helping of miles and TPs on top of a very, very good deal.

Booking through the call centre can be a challenge though. Like most organisations there are wonderful agents (both a pleasure to deal with and competent), and then there are those who are neither. I had to navigate through two of the latter before I got an agent who was able to help, but as we were eventually booked into I class, it was worth the effort.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Thanks. ^

I guess the best bet is to head for somewhere where London is in some way en-route rather than say Oslo or Copenhagen?

Italy looks a good option with plenty of destination choices.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:29 pm

Anyone have any tips for actually earning airmiles.co.uk miles? I currently use a Lloyds Airmiles AMEX and try and maximise offers when I can e.g. referrals, train bonus etc - but any other methods would be great!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Anyone have any tips for actually earning airmiles.co.uk miles? I currently use a Lloyds Airmiles AMEX and try and maximise offers when I can e.g. referrals, train bonus etc - but any other methods would be great!
I expect you are up to speed on this, but Shell Driver's Club points, if you don't already credit them to BAA, and BAA Worldpoints can both be transferred to Airmiles.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:16 pm

I cant remember where I read it now but I am sure I read that Airmiles Lloyds TSB card would soon be issuing 2 for 1 voucheres simlilar to the BA Miles Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.