Some gems from the BOAC service guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by kered
I had to Google Hassocks
Me too
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
....When I see people's handwriting now I realise that beyond basic letters such skills are regarded as superfluous although I regard good handwriting as an accomplishment.
My dear Mum had the most beautiful handwriting. Her Brothers & Sister (My uncles & aunt) still to this day possess fabulous handwriting skills, that are a joy to read.

My handwriting, I am ashamed to say, is akin to having a spider crawl out of an ink well (remember them ?) & march haphazardly across the page.

My spelling is even worse & without the aid of a spell checker or predictive text, my writings would be no more than incomprehensible gooblygook.

Although I'm sure that even with the spell checker, some still would regard my musings as "incomprehensible gooblygook"

Letter writing along with the art of beautiful handwriting is unfortunately being steadily sucked from us by "technology"
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
i h8 ritin letrs. i lk txt lol
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Oh God I hate that darn txt spk
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold/ Hilton Gold/ SPG Gold/ PriorityClub Platinum /Marriot Gold/ Amex Plat
JUst looking at the Sergeant Major youtube and cam across this one, I think the board should instigate a singing of this song at the beginning of all do's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nkbc...eature=related
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I still think it's one of the best airline slogans "BOAC takes good care of you."
Pan Am used to have "The World's Most Experienced Airline" which was so good that Qantas purloined it a few years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.