Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Cabin Crew Off-Duty

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the wilder members of Eurofleet crew have a liking for LCA stopovers, and I'm sure they fit in with the Cyprus party just fine.. boozing, partying, climbing up the balconies, naked romps. I'm sure BingBongLimassolBoy can tell us more.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Sep 25, 2010 at 12:14 pm
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I believe the wilder members of Eurofleet crew have a linking for LCA stopovers, but I'm sure they fit in with the Cyprus party just fine.. boozing, partying, climbing up the balconies, naked romps. I'm sure BingBongLimassolBoy can tell us more.
Ha, now I know why you're always off to Cyprus
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:22 pm
Suspended

I've noticed in some hotels (Sheraton Gateway LAX) there are meeting rooms designated for crew. I've seen one for TG and another airline I can't remember. One of the hotel team told me it was an alternate to having room parties where I guess they were getting complaints about noise. I had never thought of TG crew as being rowdy.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by elitetraveler

I had never thought of TG crew as being rowdy.
Probably spend all their time giving each other massages
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I believe the wilder members of Eurofleet crew have a liking for LCA stopovers, and I'm sure they fit in with the Cyprus party just fine.. boozing, partying, climbing up the balconies, naked romps. I'm sure BingBongLimassolBoy can tell us more.
Heavens to betsy no... No no no no no no...

No offense to anyone who lives in LCA or goes there a lot... But I detest the place with a passion.

I have done one LCA trip since I joined BA and it will stay that way come hell or high water. I read my book on my balcony watching the sunset, went for dinner alone, had a nice nights sleep then sat on the balcony having breakfast the next morning.

The antics the rest of the crew get up to, including flight crew, are not my cup of tea at all. And I don't like getting ripped off in old crew haunts who know that the crew will always go there and hike the prices up specifically.. No thank you very much.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
You'll find crew at a lot of Hiltons to be honest. There's one in Germany which has a very high percentage of crew and I've never had any noise issues there.

Also crew don't always get "bad" rooms, I remember having neighbours from SQ on the Exec Floor at one Hilton and I was the one who had to apologise for the noise.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I have stayed at many hotels that hosts airline crew. Not at Barabados but one time at Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda. Close enough BA crew there on some of the nights.

I'm 100% disappointed with them. No singing and linedancing in the middle of the night. Always behaving and perfectly groomed. If they did party, it wasn't in the public areas of the hotel.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
More likely karaoke..(especially for PR* crew)

(PR=Philippine Airlines)
Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
@:-)
Old Sep 25, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Also crew don't always get "bad" rooms, I remember having neighbours from SQ on the Exec Floor at one Hilton and I was the one who had to apologise for the noise.
Yep, I've seen (non BA) crew in the Club Lounge at the ANA IC in Tokyo.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Newyork001
Translated to, we made friends with them but still did not get our upgrade
Or perhaps its, he made friends with them and still didnt get anything else !!!
cs
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by rupert_s

More likely karaoke..(especially for PR* crew)

(PR=Philippine Airlines)
Mrs PtF is a Filipina (from Cebu) - while she's absolutely wonderful at most things singing isn't one of them.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
A couple of years ago, I shared a lift in the hotel we were staying at in Chicago, with arriving BA crew one evening. The next morning saw them at my regular coffee shop having breakfast. Saw some of them again that evening back at the hotel & lo & hold the next day they were crewing my flight back to LHR !

Without exception they were well behaved & I certainly wasn't aware of any shenanigans at the hotel on either night they were there. They also were the best crew I ever had the pleasure of sharing a CW cabin with ^
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:58 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
....Some hotels put us in the oldest most tired rooms. Although there are certain requirements that hotels which have a contract to provide crew accommodation agree to when they take the contract, these often go out of the window after a few months. Things like we should not be in ground floor rooms, should not be next to lifts/cleaning store rooms etc...
My bolding added.

Am very curious what is so special about BA crews in that they must not have ground floor rooms or next to lifts etc? Is there some peculiar reason I can't see?

The "no ground floor room" is particularly baffling
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
The "no ground floor room" is particularly baffling
Well, they do like to be in the air! Or at least the height of a landing gear...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.