Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by David-A
But if you read the T&C, it still says: Valid until midnight on 16 August 2010.

There is a big difference between quidco not updating their copy of the T&C with a date extension for the offer (as happened in the past) and Amex themselves not doing it. The 40k is a direct amex offer, and you wouldn't have that much of a case asking for the 40k if the T&C say the offer finished...
Good point - hadn't read the terms and conditions as I doubt would anyone who just came across the link - naughty of amex advertising something that has expired
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by jonathanev
Good point - hadn't read the terms and conditions as I doubt would anyone who just came across the link - naughty of amex advertising something that has expired
The summary Amex page giving details of their various cards makes no mention of the deal, nor does the detailed one, so I suspect that particular page you tracked down has not been updated since the offer ended.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The link still doesn't seem to work, but there's an offer of 19k BA miles if anyone wants a BA Prem+ card, and the referrer gets 4k. (must also have a Prem+ card)
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Would anyone like to refer me?

Please IM me (cue full inbox for me!)

Given there may be a few of you, any innovative way to differentiate yourselves and make me pick you would be useful
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm interested in this too. Can one of you guys refer me?

Originally Posted by chistery
The link still doesn't seem to work, but there's an offer of 19k BA miles if anyone wants a BA Prem+ card, and the referrer gets 4k. (must also have a Prem+ card)
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond , Marriott Gold , IHG Plat
Happy to refer

I am an existing Plat Cardmember and happy to refer anyone that needs to be! Just PM me
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Strange - 22k miles for referring shows up but the personalised message that your "friend" will receive shows they will get just 5000 miles. Perhaps back to stand-by.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
I can refer U

Have the Amex Plat, so can refer if need be.

Send a PM. ^
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: not a lot
I can refer to as an Amex plat cardholder.

PM me if required.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Seems to work now. Happy to refer anyone. Just IM me your name and email and I'll send you a referral!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:59 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by philco
Strange - 22k miles for referring shows up but the personalised message that your "friend" will receive shows they will get just 5000 miles. Perhaps back to stand-by.
If you go through the referral process when logged in you get the '22k for you' / '42k for your friend' message.

Originally Posted by Amex website
When you refer The Platinum Card to a friend, you will receive 22,000 Membership Rewards points once the Card is approved. Your friend will receive 42,000 Membership Rewards points when they spend £1,500 within the first three months. If your friend has already applied for The Platinum Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for 42,000 Membership Rewards points. If your friend already has The Green Card, The American Express Card or The Gold Card, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Membership Rewards points as this offer is not valid for upgrading Cardmembers. Membership Rewards points may take up to four weeks to be awarded.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
EDITED TO ADD: Looks like this is active. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14820019-post76.html

When i try to refer a friend, i get this screen:

But clicking through shows this message will be sent in the email (my bold):

I thought you might really enjoy the great benefits I get from being an American Express Platinum Cardmember, and they've come up with a great offer I think you will like. You will receive 5,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome bonus. Just hit the 'Apply Now' button to learn all about it. Make sure you apply via the button below to receive the full offer.

I'm guessing the 42K offer is active, but that they've forgotten to update the boilerplate text for the email. I've dropped them an email to ask, but i'd recommend people wait till this is fixed, if they can.

Last edited by Paralytic; Sep 28, 2010 at 5:34 am Reason: Updated information
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
PM me if you would like a referal.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Aeroplan, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rogerj
Given there may be a few of you, any innovative way to differentiate yourselves and make me pick you would be useful
Rather involved but perhaps a list on the first page of referrers in order of BA spend/in order of offers to refer?

Can also refer if needed.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Could it even cost less than £300 ?

I note that Amex have a policy of refunding your annual fee on an pro-rata basis if you subsequently cancel the card. It doesn't say if during subsequent years or first year.

If you wait for the 42k MR to post to Amex, then transfer out to BA Miles, one would assume they would not be clawed back if you then closed your Amex account.

Couldn't see anyting in t's and c's about losing rewards but may have missed something totally obvious.

USATB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.