Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing airport for award booking free?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Question Changing airport for award booking free?

Hi,

afaik changes to award bookings should be free when made via MMB.

Is this also applicable in case of changing the departure airport of a flight getting me to lhr? I cant change that online as I made a stopover in the us which was only bookable via telephone, so future changes seem to be restricted to the call center as well.

Will this change be free?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only date and time changes are free when done online as far as I know. So I would expect that you'll be charged when changing your departure airport even when in the same Zone. $70 I think.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
The only time I recall doing this was changing an arrival airport from JNB to CPT when the latter opened up. As it couldn't be done online, they waived the telephone charge. This was 19 months ago so maybe the policy has changed.

If it's an F booking then I find the You First line to be significantly more helpful than any other.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tells you here what the fees are and for what. Need to log-in first.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Would you say, changing an airport is cancelling a flight and rebooking one? This feature is not mentioned in that table
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by kexbox
Would you say, changing an airport is cancelling a flight and rebooking one? This feature is not mentioned in that table
No. It requires re-ticketing though, which is different. The PNR remains the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.