Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld partner availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BAEC, Flying Blue, SPG, Priority Club, JetPrivilege, KF KingClub
oneworld partner availability

I was trying to book a business class flight from BOM-YYZ on miles departing on June 20th and and returning on August 13th 2010. But there is no availability for British Airways or any of their partner airlines for the next month.

I read on the forums that there may be some problem with the online booking system so I called the BAEC customer centre.

I was surprised to hear from the agent that BA does not offer any reward bookings on partner airlines (incl. Oneworld) for transatlantic flights.

Is this true or was the agent I spoke to misinformed?

I been noticing that availability for BA reward flights has diminished since the last year, is this only my sector or everyone in general due to the ongoing strikes?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The only restriction IIRC is that you cannot redeem miles on AA flights transatlantic ( incl India-USA flights) but other carriers should be ok ( availability of course is a different matter)
Maybe try phoning again to see if you get another agent?

Good luck!

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You certainly can redeem on IB and LA on transatlantic routes. As TBS notes the only restriction is AA.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BAEC, Flying Blue, SPG, Priority Club, JetPrivilege, KF KingClub
Thanks for all your help, I've decided to fly Etihad as there is no availability for a mileage redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.