Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The lounge meet up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by coatieexpat
A bit OT, but has anyone just gone down to the Y lounge and just invited a random stranger up to Galleries ?
It wasn't me but every time i have not anyone to guest, i guest someone randomly as i walk to the south complex or through security, if you can help someone makes you feel better
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by potakas
It wasn't me but every time i have not anyone to guest, i guest someone randomly as i walk to the south complex or through security, if you can help someone makes you feel better
ou

Do they have to be on the same flight as you ?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
ou

I believe they have to be on a OW flight.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:01 am

ou

I am doing it only at T5, i don't want going around and ask everyone if he is leaving with a BA flight. Usually i am calling someone that he is outside the Galleries and trying to see how it is inside.

Once i was lucky and i guest the guy who was seating next to me on a EDI-LHR flight (he had another flight to catch as I had), he was eventually Gold member and he invited me to GF. That was my first and only one visit there.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:15 am

I am doing it only at T5, i don't want going around and ask everyone if he is leaving with a BA flight. Usually i am calling someone that he is outside the Galleries and trying to see how it is inside.

Once i was lucky and i guest the guy who was seating next to me on a EDI-LHR flight (he had another flight to catch as I had), he was eventually Gold member and he invited me to GF. That was my first and only one visit there.
I'll look out tomorrow then, if nobody on FT takes up my offer.

Spread the goodwill
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver
That's interesting - how do you broach the subject and, indeed, choose who gets asked? It's something I've pondered doing when ambling towards the BMI DC Lounge, and since I'll tick over to BAEC Silver soon, I'm sure the same idle thought will occur to me as I amble over to T5 Galleries!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:41 am

Potakas, Good to know that people like you really exist ^
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by randalf
That's interesting - how do you broach the subject and, indeed, choose who gets asked? It's something I've pondered doing when ambling towards the BMI DC Lounge, and since I'll tick over to BAEC Silver soon, I'm sure the same idle thought will occur to me as I amble over to T5 Galleries!
I never invite young women As I don't want them to think that i am flirting that way as this will be awkward.

Completely random, once for example I helped an old lady to pick up her hand luggage to the x-ray security machine, she was very kind and after i finished with security she was waiting for me to thank me,
I asked her where she was flying to and she told to SFO, i told her that i could invite her to the lounge to spend her time there.

Also, if I am going to the Galleries and see someone outside trying to look how it is inside, I am just asking if he wants to come in.

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Potakas, Good to know that people like you really exist ^
One of the best compliments i ever had, thank you very much:-:

I would like to thank Antichef because he invited me once through PM when i had only 3 or 4 posts here, that's how i got the idea to invite people.

Regards

P.S. Lets drop this here as we went off topic.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:28 pm

That's really nice Potakas, but are you accepting any degree of responsibility for the behaviour of those you guest? If so, I'd be a but worried about guessing random folk (not that I can!). At least on FT, you can get an idea if whether someone is sensible or not.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
At least on FT, you can get an idea if whether someone is sensible or not.
I would disagree.

Take me for example.......
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I would disagree.

Take me for example.......
Naw, I reckon you're actually as straight-laced as they come (in Glasgow!)
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:12 pm

It's the ones who go round assaulting kids who dare to smile in the lounge that you need to worry about!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA gold
Naw, I reckon you're actually as straight-laced as they come (in Glasgow!)
Theere's no telling what happens when an undercooked sausage is placed on HIDDY's plate though!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by randalf
O.K. I tried this,

I asked a young fellow in Man if he was flying OW, he was so I guested him in , we had a nice chat over coffee.

When I went to T5 I asked one chap if he wanted guesting in but his flight was in about 10 minutes so he thanked me but declined. I then asked a young lady who was on her own, I felt funny at first as I didn't want her to think I was picking up on her, so I made it clear that I wasn't.

Although I would have enjoyed having a chat with her I felt it was best just to let her loose so to speak. She was very thankful as her flight to Chicago was delayed for 6 hours.

So for me it was a very good experience .
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
That's really nice Potakas, but are you accepting any degree of responsibility for the behaviour of those you guest? If so, I'd be a but worried about guessing random folk (not that I can!). At least on FT, you can get an idea if whether someone is sensible or not.
Indeed. Remember that the member is responsible for the behaviour of any guest they take into the lounge.

Happy to help friends, but would never randomly pick someone from the departure lounge who I know absolutely nothing about.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Feb 5, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.