Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MMB "Error: Adding this remark will exceed the maximum remarks in a booking (127)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MMB "Error: Adding this remark will exceed the maximum remarks in a booking (127)"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

I am trying to change an online BA miles booking, and at the very end of the process get the captioned error message, which is a new one on me. Does anyone know what it means. I have PM'd Dilly (AKA ba.com Helper) but have not yet had a response. I thought maybe someone else had come across it before.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:34 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi FF99,

I've not come across this error message before so I need to talk to the experts at work.

I'll drop you a PM as soon as I know what the issue is.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:43 pm

i also got the same error when trying to confirm a redemption change
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

don1888, can you please PM me your booking reference.

Thanks,

Dilly
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

don1888, can you please PM me your booking reference.

Thanks,

Dilly
done
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:00 pm

Thank you. I'll be in touch as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Amadeus has limitations on how many of any particular kind of 'element' there can be in the PNR - how many lines of space they can take - for remarks it's apparently 127...

Someone will need to delete some of the older remarks from your PNR (they'll move to the history) so that there is enough space left on the face of the booking for ba.com to add the remarks that it needs to to process your change.

Have you made several changes to this PNR already? Or maybe called up and had a long discussion that someone needed to document? It doesn't happen often but I see it every now and then.
Anonba likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Amadeus has limitations on how many of any particular kind of 'element' there can be in the PNR - how many lines of space they can take - for remarks it's apparently 127...

Someone will need to delete some of the older remarks from your PNR (they'll move to the history) so that there is enough space left on the face of the booking for ba.com to add the remarks that it needs to to process your change.

Have you made several changes to this PNR already? Or maybe called up and had a long discussion that someone needed to document? It doesn't happen often but I see it every now and then.
You are quite correct. There had been many previous changes and I think that the straw that broke the camel's back may have been that I entered the wrong CC number a couple of times, as I had forgotten which one I used for the booking. I asusme that this shows up in the record.

In any event, Dilly deleted a bunch of lines and I was then able successfully to make the change
Old May 4, 2021, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper

Thank you. I'll be in touch as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,

Dilly
BA helper, could pls assist me on this issue as well? I've pmed my booking reference to you. Many thanks.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
This thread is more than 11 years old...I don’t think the ba.com helper account is monitored anymore.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by tom139
This thread is more than 11 years old...I don’t think the ba.com helper account is monitored anymore.
Thanks for telling me. I’ve called hotline but no one is answering. I’ve just wroten a email to follow up this issue.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shan1113
Thanks for telling me. I’ve called hotline but no one is answering. I’ve just wroten a email to follow up this issue.
Welcome to Flyertalk shan1113 and I hope we will see more of you here.

If it's the same error, namely the 127 character limit, then a normal call to BA will sort it, though I was under the impression they had engineered it out of the system. Otherwise some people have found BA's Social Media team on Twitter to be a good way to get a fast response. The contact centres are under pressure at the moment due to the closure of some of BA's operations in India.
Anonba, shan1113 and T8191 like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

If it's the same error, namely the 127 character limit, then a normal call to BA will sort it, though I was under the impression they had engineered it out of the system. Otherwise some people have found BA's Social Media team on Twitter to be a good way to get a fast response. The contact centres are under pressure at the moment due to the closure of some of BA's operations in India.
Yes I’ve contacted BA on social media and the response is much quicker. Thanks for that
Old May 4, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Yes I’ve contacted BA on social media and the response is much quicker. Thanks for that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.