Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where Are You Stranded, What Are You Doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Are You Stranded, What Are You Doing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, BMI Silver
Update from SYD: BA10 is now apparently leaving Saturday at 08.00 to BKK. I can only imagine that it's easier logisitically to have us in BKK (and probably cheaper). Unfortunately I don't seem to have packed either a red or yellow shirt, so no rioting for me.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Im stuck in LA, flight due to leave on Saturday but probably not going to so I booked hotels and car hire til tues as a precaution... Im SPG gold thatnks to flyertalk and will be holed near LAX!

Currently in rented house in Hollywood hills but leaving on Saturday!

Thought about flying to Soyuthern EUproe some where and getting train back to UK..... who knows... Volcano sutff could get worse than it is....

Had an earthquake here on 4 April and there has been one in china since... lots of seismic stuff going on....!!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Stuck in Moscow. My worry is by the time London opens up, Moscow will shut down! So could be days. Contemplated routing via Munich etc, but it looks like trains are all booked up for the next few days....
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am sitting on my sofa at home... (and no, it is not a good thing...) and should be flying.

Although, I am considering my plans for this evening, as it is a big night in Emmerdale, so maybe pop to the shops soon and get in some supplies for 19:00...

Check my roster for tomorrow... that will be the highlight to see what they will allocate to me, only for it to be taken away again in the morning!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have 50 people from 26 countries stuck here, a team in Bratislava heading home by train and some colleagues looking forward to a weekend in HK.

Me? A weekend in Hampshire beckons unless South West Trains are impacted by ash.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:00 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I am sitting on my sofa at home... (and no, it is not a good thing...) and should be flying.

Although, I am considering my plans for this evening, as it is a big night in Emmerdale, so maybe pop to the shops soon and get in some supplies for 19:00...

Check my roster for tomorrow... that will be the highlight to see what they will allocate to me, only for it to be taken away again in the morning!
Maybe you'll get a huge stroke of luck and get Moscow and then get it struck off again !!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
At home in Palazzo Pucci in the Kingdom of Surbiton with four stranded crew. All male. All handsome. All wonderful company. The neighbours are agog witht he flutters. The curtains round here are twitching and Her Opposite has ( according to two of them) been dusting her bedroom window sill for the past 20 minutes. They probably think that, knowing that Him Indoors, that these are my Tricks du Jour and that I am leading the lot of them into a life of vice and debauchery. As my House Guests have been out running in shorts that seem to have been sprayed on them, and it is abundently clear that one of them has been circumcised (relax I am a nurse there is nothing that I have not seen), I would imagine that my door bell will be ringing for any pretext from cups of sugar to flight enquiries most of the day. I did not realise how many of my neighbours do not go out to work.

So my reputation is sealed. A tried and tested Trollop they may think that I am. I am a Jezebel. I am exulted.

Sadly, Him Indoors would be far more to their taste. I am more like Mother Superior than Sister Philomena the Nymphomaniac Nun (who was on one of our flights back in the days when we did actually fly).

Life can be so unfair can't it. ()
Oh Dr P what a charmed, CHARMED life!

The Moose is so jealous of your house guests being 'stuck' with you... if only we were there - he could let you ride him any way you want, and I... *the mind wanders* (Painted-on running shorts are advanced class ONLY I've been told... )

Back on topic (ish): A friend from Minneapolis was on biz in London, due to fly back yesterday. He's so chuffed to be on an expense account, 'stuck' in London. Promptly off he went to see shows and go shopping and god knows what else. I talked him out of chunnelling to Paris to go OpenSkies... and lo-and-behold Paris was shut down too.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Capricorn70; Apr 16, 2010 at 4:21 am
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Originally Posted by andset1191
Maybe you'll get a huge stroke of luck and get Moscow and then get it struck off again !!

If Moscow's struck off, perhaps you might invite yourself over to Dr P's?

The SCANDAL that'll ensue...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: BA
Stuck at home in London. Was due to fly to L.A yesterday on the 269 to attend Coachella. I was initially going to take the 279 but decided a few extra hours in bed would be welcome so booked the 269 - now kicking myself!

I wonder how many of the British bands/performers got to California before yesterday? Possibly some empty stages over the weekend!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Me? A weekend in Hampshire beckons unless South West Trains are impacted by ash.
I wouldn't rule it out for a delayed / cancelled train excuse in the next few days
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:38 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Blue
I'm feeling better about the whole affair, as Friday's BA268 (previously LAX-LHR) has become LAX-PIK (Glasgow Prestwick).

I was ending the trip at NCL, so (assuming we do actually travel) it's a very cheap and easy car hire from PIK-NCL. I will send BA the receipt, but to be honest it's just a relief to know we're going back on time.

Has anyone else been rerouted to the regions?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:00 am

Programs: BA
Please don't give them any ideas! That said, some of the excuses provided by SWT are so unbelievable that I wonder if anyone will bat an eyelid if they here:

"SWT are sorry for the delay to your journey, this has been caused by Icelandic volcanic ash in the Winnersh Triangle area".
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:01 am
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
We have 50 people from 26 countries stuck here, a team in Bratislava heading home by train and some colleagues looking forward to a weekend in HK.

Well depends where you are going. The line is shut from Basingstoke to Winchester tomorrow (Saturday) with a bus replacement service

Last edited by BOH; Apr 16, 2010 at 5:21 am
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Jo'burg. Was meant to be "working from home" in London today, instead I'm actually working in Jo'burg .

I'm meant to be back for Monday too, so if the flight doesn't go tonight, it's no use! Plus, I'll have a fight on my hands with BA re: coupon sequence...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:31 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I'm due to fly to ARN on Monday afternoon and I'm currently looking at booking a coach ticket London - Copenhagen and a train ticket Copenhagen - Stockholm starting out Sunday afternoon, as a back up.

bjorns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.