Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help- award to SIN???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT, HH Gold
Please Help- award to SIN???

I'm new to BA and would like to spend the 100K miles that I got from Chase on a business award from SFO to SIN. Sadly, I can't find any partner awards for any dates over the summer. Does anybody know tricks to finding availability? I heard BA award avaliablity was actually good, so I'm quite surprised by this. Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
There is very little availability showing for much of the year.

Singapore is a busy route, as you are contending with both traffic going to Singapore and the traffic going onwards to Sydney.

It's a case of keep checking for availability really.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
SFO-SIN in J for 100k miles??? Why is it less than from LHR?

SIN availability is next to zero, as mentioned people booking SYD are snapping up availability on 2 flights per day each way as well.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globalste
SFO-SIN in J for 100k miles??? Why is it less than from LHR?
Because it's not via LHR.

N America - Far East = 100,000 miles in J on a one-partner award, ie AA, JL,CX.

N America - LHR - Far East = 240,000 miles in J.
(LHR - Far East = 160,000 miles in J).

In response to the OP, it's not actually BA award availability that is the problem, it's an AA/JL/CX availability issue.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
ah so he's flying the other way around the globe. That makes sense then.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:09 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Karmha...IMHO the Chase award was stupid marketing by BA...

To the OP, if you did some Searches here you would find out about checking awards via AsiaMiles, JALMiles and AA. Theres lots of Business seats across the Pacific this Summer.

Having done very little to earn the 100,000 BA Miles [Zero BIS] you are now looking for the Users here to help and advise how to find seats for you.

Sorry, but as a BA Shareholder myself, whoever devised the Chase Promotion should be shot. Rant Over.

PS: Now where can I buy a Hoover !!!

Last edited by UncleDude; Mar 22, 2010 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, various other pittances
Does someone need a hug this morning?

Go easy on the OP as I think your post concerns the Chase scheme as opposed to the OP's questions (which I think are fair). Personally if I hadn't had the card originally and then applied for one the number of free miles should be no bearing on how helpful we should be. The OP might be the next BA Premier for all we know... The OP might be the next long time poster giving sage advice..

However I also appreciate that if you've spent GBPx,000 and want to redeem miles then it's now more difficult to get those seats as you're competing with the influx of 100,000ers (shall we say?). We should still help and not give them the 'short shrift bu&&er off you freebie' answer.

In terms of availability either ring the airlines to check or use (paid for but both very, very good) either KVS or Seatexpert. This software will also get you hooked on seat maps and everything else. I think you're going to have to be flexible with your dates of travel as these reward seats are in high demand I think.

Either way good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.