Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I booked a BA ticket and ended up flying on Ryanair.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I booked a BA ticket and ended up flying on Ryanair.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
I notice that BA are using RyanAir's airline code, rather than their name.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: BA silver
just don't post any really glowing reports about your flights. BA might decide to enhance the domestic flght experience even more.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:19 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by FenLandK
If you try to book an award booking, it shows up as 'null'
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by FenLandK
For all these wetleases they've just used the airline code, but if you click on the flight number for more details it'll clearly list the operating airline.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by circusboy
Not only does MOL hate the unions, he'd sell his granny to make a few extra quid for FR. In my opinion WW and MOL share the same work ethics.
There was quote to that effect in the Guardian today from MoL

"BA is in a fight for survival and the last thing they need is strike action from a greedy union".
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
There was quote to that effect in the Guardian today from MoL

"BA is in a fight for survival and the last thing they need is strike action from a greedy union".
Which is probably the first time O'Liar has talked anything sensible !
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by rareair
Really upset I'm busy tomorrow or I would be having lunch in glasgow with an old friend just for the novelty of it (frequent FR flyer - would be strange not "playing the game")
I'm also tempted to go on a one day magical mystery flight with FR. I have just about sworn to never fly them - but it sounds like a good laugh for the cost.

Will decide later tonight if I can wake up in the morning early enough to make the first flight out!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I'm also tempted to go on a one day magical mystery flight with FR. I have just about sworn to never fly them - but it sounds like a good laugh for the cost.

Will decide later tonight if I can wake up in the morning early enough to make the first flight out!
You could always do a turnaround on the same flight. It looks like all the flights that fly out from LGW are also scheduled to fly back there.

I'm not sure how you can book it in one go, as ba.com does not allow you to book a connection under an hour but you could book the two segments as single flights. That'll cost you an extra credit card fee, or you could use debit cards and not pay any fee. Unlike really flying Ryanair you don't pay fees on any debit card
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by browserden
You could always do a turnaround on the same flight. It looks like all the flights that fly out from LGW are also scheduled to fly back there.

I'm not sure how you can book it in one go, as ba.com does not allow you to book a connection under an hour but you could book the two segments as single flights. That'll cost you an extra credit card fee, or you could use debit cards and not pay any fee. Unlike really flying Ryanair you don't pay fees on any debit card
Or book via AA.com as that does allow short connections
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes I would say the service won't be much different from the normal BA service.
... although some may miss the homely, lived-in feel of a BA 734

... and for best seats advice on an FR 737-800 see here
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:36 pm

Anyone win with a scratch card ?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by heartybob
... although some may miss the homely, lived-in feel of a BA 734

... and for best seats advice on an FR 737-800 see here
According to Seatguru, it can get "gold" by 1A during the flight. I presume that's where they keep the winning scratch card
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirky
Ryanair and BA have one thing in common don't forget - their hatred of destructive trade union scumbags.
That really isn't fair!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I understand that a big well done is in order for the Ryanair crews who have carried out their duties in exemplary fashion. ^
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I understand that a big well done is in order for the Ryanair crews who have carried out their duties in exemplary fashion. ^
Must have been a novel experience for them flying into LHR. Hopefully one they won't have to repeat.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 21, 2010 at 10:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.