Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA stopped loading [redemption] seats in March 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

this should say "march 2011"... probably more helpful

so i stayed up and checked at 12midnight, nothing. Checked again at 5am, nothing. Called CS at 6am, they cant see anything for reward seats. When i say nothing, i mean not a single seat at all in any class including stopovers. I have been doing this the last 3 days.

CS most unhelpful (we have no idea when they will get loaded into the system, try again tomorrow) when tomorrow is no use, because i need to be returning on the 6th March, which is 355days from today.

Last edited by globalste; Mar 17, 2010 at 1:07 am
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Maybe the IT or whoever updates the BA system has been so busy dealing with the strike-affected flights that they have not got round to loading them yet?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:49 am

I suspect that LTNPhobia is right on-the-money with this one.

I'd imagine that Revenue Management are up to their ears at the moment and that redemption seat release might have been pushed slightly down the priority list, below listing new inventory on rescheduled flights this weekend, and revised inventory on the wet-leased, non-standard equipment.

If it's any consolation, it's presumably the case that if you can't access the seats then no-one else can either. Though it may be a nuisance, maintaining your current online strategy should keep you at the front of the queue.

Good luck!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by globalste
CS most unhelpful (we have no idea when they will get loaded into the system, try again tomorrow) when tomorrow is no use, because i need to be returning on the 6th March, which is 355days from today.
If there are no seats available that would imply nobody can make a booking and you will have the same chance as everyone else when they eventually to get loaded.

I would assume in the present circumstances that reward availability in 355 days is not really a top prioirity for CS staff - they are run off their feet. I phoned the other night to cancel the domestic leg of a booking impacted by strike date, they were very pleasant and helpful, but admitted it was chaos in the call centre in Newcasle
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I suspect that LTNPhobia is right on-the-money with this one.

I'd imagine that Revenue Management are up to their ears at the moment and that redemption seat release might have been pushed slightly down the priority list, below listing new inventory on rescheduled flights this weekend, and revised inventory on the wet-leased, non-standard equipment.

If it's any consolation, it's presumably the case that if you can't access the seats then no-one else can either. Though it may be a nuisance, maintaining your current online strategy should keep you at the front of the queue.

Good luck!
We were obviously replying at same time and you just beat my post!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I doubt that BA manually determines the amount of seats to offer in each fare bucket, including redemptions, at T-355 on each and every flight. I would expect a large amount of the process to be automated.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I would expect a large amount of the process to be automated.
Me too! Perhaps its automated with some sort of manual approval; even that seems unlikely.

What happens if someone else has already snapped up the redemptions somehow?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by limabean767
Me too! Perhaps its automated with some sort of manual approval; even that seems unlikely.
I agree that even this is probably unlikely. BA's analysts should be able to deploy certain controls on their flights to ensure that their optimiser comes out with more or less the right balance of redemption availability on each and every flight, given the forecast of expected demand to come.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I agree that even this is probably unlikely. BA's analysts should be able to deploy certain controls on their flights to ensure that their optimiser comes out with more or less the right balance of redemption availability on each and every flight, given the forecast of expected demand to come.
Its wierd, when i spoke to YouFirst they said there was only WT+ uploaded in the last couple of days and that even though I may try again tomorrow, "There is no guarantee that we will releasing Miles seats in First on the flight". There was one seat available in F for SIN-LHR but thats the only thing ive seen, absolutely nothing else.

I am wondering if they are toying with the idea of cutting down to 1 flight again....
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:30 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
I doubt that BA manually determines the amount of seats to offer in each fare bucket, including redemptions, at T-355 on each and every flight. I would expect a large amount of the process to be automated.
I believe (and I amy be wrong!) that there is an automated process for releasing the 'standard amount' of seats for each flight. There is then an adjustment made to cater for predicted loads and also special events (e.g. reducing availability for flights to South Africa during the forthcoming football world cup).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.