Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You - British Airways Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Thank You - British Airways Flyertalkers

As a British Airways employee, regardless of whether or not one agrees with Trades Unions, specifically BASSA, or the present course of action, I would like to thank you British Airways Flyertalkers from the bottom of my heart for your continued support of our wonderful airline.

Saddened as I am by the turn of events, I am hopeful that with the support of colleagues who have volunteered to help, airlines that have been drafted in to help and your continued support, the damage to our company will be limited.

If anyone is about on Saturday or Sunday, I shall be in T5 trying to do my best!

All the Best!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
You have my full support!^

Keep up the good work!!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:33 am

Are you for real?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by 747-444
Are you for real?
Go on, say what you really mean, don't try to dress it up with pleasantries, politeness, or courtesy!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Are you for real?

Are you?

Thank you Bealine, I shall be flying BA in a couple of weeks and really appreciate those staff with the common sense and determination to ensure that BA survives this cyclical downturn and goes forward with a more competitive cost base so it can thrive long term, including sorting out its pension deficit for the benefit of the staff and carrying out fleet renewal.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Are you for real?
You might have looked at the OP's posting history before making that comment

Seems to be totally in character, from my recollection of bealine's previous posts ^
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, HHonours Silver
bealine, it's in all our interests to keep BA alive and profitable.

Good luck to yourself and the others who'll be mucking in to keep things ticking over!

Last edited by airbus_7005; Mar 16, 2010 at 7:01 am
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:51 am
Original Poster

I am for real, yes!

I may be a Trades Union supporter and I may understand, and even sympathise with some of where all this mess has come from, but my first loyalty lies with British Airways, who have hitherto proved good and fair employers, and its customers.

So, my thanks to the BA supporters on this board is genuine!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Are you for real?

Come on !
play nice children

lets be honest, its these sorts of comments that make the few BA staff who post in their own time give up on FT!

^ bealine
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Are you for real?
Here we go again, and some wonder why BA staff are contributing less and less to this forum.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the spirit of the thread, it would be a shame if we turned this into a flame fest. Thanks.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Continental OnePass
I'll be about on Saturday bealine, on the 275...can I have an upgrade please?! (well, it was worth a shot!)

Seriously, I have to say that once the dates were announced, BA have handled it very well...certainly restored my confidence in them.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:03 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Bealine, all the best for the weekend. ^

I'm not scheduled to fly anywhere during the strike dates announced (not from planning, just luck).

One good innitiative from BA that I noticed and took advatage of during the latest snow chaos at LHR, where all the staff with 'Can I help you' T-shirts on.

They could be found through out T5 and by using their mobiles, arranged re-bookings etc.

While it didn't mean that we got to our destinations any faster, it meant that we didn't have to spend as much time queuing.

I hope you don't have a to difficult time, though you'll probably come across some rude and insulting people, though they tend to be a small minority.

bjorns
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lozza1974
Seriously, I have to say that once the dates were announced, BA have handled it very well...certainly restored my confidence in them.
That has been my experience too. I'm flying through T5 on both affected weekends, but am just thankful to be able to get there and back at all. The phone staff couldn't have been nicer with getting my flights switched around.

Beeline, thanks for posting, and I hope you don't have to work on both strike weekends - (hopefully) I'll be flying back through T5 on the second strike day ^
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
No, Bealine, thank you. I'm sure I speak for many of us on this board when I say that a primary reason why many of us consistently try to choose BA over other carriers is that we find the staff to be exceptional. It is people like you who maintain BA's brand, and keep customers coming back for more! I think it's such a shame that morale is so low within the company these days, and I know that some of us do tend to vent our frustration on FT from time to time, be it with strikes, or service failings etc. I think sometimes, because BA staff are always so professional, we can forget that you are human beings and need to put a roof over your head, feed your family, and want to make a career out of working for BA. I also know that many staff get so passionate about the dispute because they care about the airline and its customers, and they see the current management as destroying all that they have worked so hard to achieve in the past 20 odd years. I think sometimes on FT we can overlook all of this: many of us on FT are in management in various companies, and we sometimes can take a one-sided perspective. I hope all the BA staff posters on here, be they cabin, ground, flight or support crew, realise that when we, as customers, moan or rant on this board, we do it because we care, too. I think it goes without saying that we all appreciate what BA does on a daily basis, and I hope that those who have decided to go elsewhere decide, when all this blows over (which I have every confidence it will) decide to come back and continue to show why British Airways is better than any other airline represented on FT.

All the best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.