Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You - British Airways Flyertalkers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I can only hope that the passengers flying this weekend are as understanding as most of the posters on this board. There is a reason that I continue to fly BA and it is down in large part to the staff who make it such a pleasure to fly the airline. From the call centre staff who took my last (complicated) booking with good humour when I was slightly stressed to the ground staff who helped when we left a bag on the belt and went landside - having forgotten it, to those who travel with us in the air I've always been impressed by the professionalism and standards which you uphold.

Best of Luck Bealine and everybody else working this weekend.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 16, 2010 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
I left BA in 1998,but drove to LGW yesterday and spoke to my ex-manager and offered my services manning phones/info desks etc if needed..
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: BA silver
It will be a very difficult weekend. But I think there may be more understanding amongst non flyertalk passengers then you think.
thank you to everyone who is going out of their way to help.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bealine
As a British Airways employee, regardless of whether or not one agrees with Trades Unions, specifically BASSA, or the present course of action, I would like to thank you British Airways Flyertalkers from the bottom of my heart for your continued support of our wonderful airline.

Saddened as I am by the turn of events, I am hopeful that with the support of colleagues who have volunteered to help, airlines that have been drafted in to help and your continued support, the damage to our company will be limited.

If anyone is about on Saturday or Sunday, I shall be in T5 trying to do my best!

All the Best!
You're very welcome ... no problem for me, cheers. Mike.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747-444
Are you for real?
Maybe this was aimed at UNITE.

Back to the thread. Thanks for trying I know that Unite have been wanting this for some tie and its really difficult to fight against them.

I think its going to be a long weekend. But try to do your best.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
You're welcome, bealine, and thank you too.

About ten days ago three ground staff at T5 tried to sort out a cockup put in place by the EC North America. Staff coudn't resolve it but they did their best, and for that I was grateful. Cabin crew on recent flights have been professional and helpful; even if they were worried or stressed it didn't show.

Best of luck to all BA staff this weekend. Stiff upper lip, keep calm and carry on, this too shall pass (hopefully very soon).
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:44 am

Thanks bealine ^ Your efforts in helping us nutters keep flying is appreciated (though this weekend I'll be on Qatar or Emirates due to "impossible to book 27th yet" for BA...) yes, I was willing to book BA during the strike period
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Thanks bealine. Hope it works out. Thanks again for your help over the years at LGW and LHR!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank you bealine and all BA staff on duty before, during and after the strike.

Let's hope it's over soon.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:46 pm

Some very nice comments in this thread, very nice to read.

I shall be working the 3 days in Terminal 3 doing all I can to help get passengers to their destinations.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, BA Amex Premium Plus
Total admiration for ALL the volunteers involve one way or another during strike...^

I do hope WW succeeds in breaking down UNITE in the long term, he has done very well so far.

Wish you luck all...

Keep the flag flying...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all the kind comments. I hope my colleagues will take the same comfort from reading them as I have. From what you guys say, and from the support for the airline from my colleagues, I firmly believe we will still have an airline to be proud of when the dust settles.

Just as an aside, I have always been a loyal trades union supporter but as a company and an employer, British Airways has always been fair and looked after me. I cannot sit back and watch all our efforts to cope with 09/11, BSE, SARS flushed down the toilet through childish stubborness on both sides.

My number one loyalty is to British Airways and its customers.

Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by bealine
Thank you for all the kind comments. I hope my colleagues will take the same comfort from reading them as I have. From what you guys say, and from the support for the airline from my colleagues, I firmly believe we will still have an airline to be proud of when the dust settles.

Just as an aside, I have always been a loyal trades union supporter but as a company and an employer, British Airways has always been fair and looked after me. I cannot sit back and watch all our efforts to cope with 09/11, BSE, SARS flushed down the toilet through childish stubborness on both sides.

My number one loyalty is to British Airways and its customers.

I know it's been said countless times itt, but thank you, bealine! I unfortunately will not be going through T5 this weekend despite my best efforts (and in fact will be missing a family reunion due to the strike), as I have not been able to rebook a cancelled leg. I'm sitting on another flight in peril of being cancelled during the later batch of strike days but I certainly will not take my frustrations out on any of the employees I come in contact with. I was also travelling during the mid-December snow issues and found the LHR ground staff incredibly helpful and making every effort to be pleasant despite being as frazzled as ever. I appreciate the extra effort many of you put in for us ^.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:29 pm

Well done bealine - it is wonderful that you and all the other volunteers are helping out. I am sure the travelling public will be very grateful if it means that their travel plans are disrupted as little as possible.

I hope that the striking CC see sense and don't follow the Bassa leaders like lemmings and then maybe the strike will have to be called off due to lack of support.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:30 pm

I am always pleasantly surprised at the support we get on the front line in times of adversity and this is no exception. Everyone I've come in contact with so far has been incredibly understanding of the situation and most people are happy that they are going, be it on another airline, a day early or a day late.

My colleagues and I will be going everything we can to keep the flag flying this weekend, I'll be there this weekend and next.

Thank you to everyone. ^

Last edited by xxxxx; Mar 16, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.