Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

traveling with 10 mths on LHR-PVG - CW on 777 - what to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traveling with 10 mths on LHR-PVG - CW on 777 - what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Seats 15E, 15F for outward, 11E, F for the return have been confirmed!

Thanks for those helpful suggestions! :-)
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by gaz68
My worst nightmare - a baby in CW or FIRST
What a pathetic and pointless response. The OP was asking for genuine advice for what appeared to be a trip that he or she (and new family) is very much looking forward to. Who are you to rain on that? If you think think that families should not be able to use the premium cabins, you need a reality check.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver
We always administer Calpol to our little one about an hour before the flight to help alleviate painful ears due to the pressure.

Bring lots of books/picture cards/toys (ideally not noisey ones!)/etc for distraction. If it's a nighttime flight try to recreate bedtime as much as possible - ie same grobag/teddy/nightlight/pjs etc.

Have a lovely trip.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by trickster
What a pathetic and pointless response. The OP was asking for genuine advice for what appeared to be a trip that he or she (and new family) is very much looking forward to. Who are you to rain on that? If you think think that families should not be able to use the premium cabins, you need a reality check.
+1 ^
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:40 pm
DKI

Programs: BA Gold VS Gold SAS Gold
Don't have experience of PVG or 777 with infants however, I do have 10 month old twins and we have flown 8 times in past 6 mos- 5 in F and remainder in J. The first to SYD when they were 4 mos and subsequently SFO LAX MIA JFK & HKG.

My wife and I were concerned ahead of our first trip and posted on this forum (search DKI from Sept09 re infant travel).

My advice concurs with much of the positives above:

2. Arrive at airport in time to maintain routine of infant ahead of boarding- several hours if necessary.
3. Create a schedule showing UK time and destination offset time for day of travel +24hrs. This will help with time zone shift for infant.
4. Change infant into sleeper suit in lounge so they are ready to go down as early as poss.
4. As soon as you board speak to crew to get either Bassinet or Britax seat (depends on size of baby) + infant seat belt extender.
6. Pack toys, books + binkies.

On a few occasions we were subjected to snide comments from fellow travellers- however, as I pointed out we were all paying personally for our seats which not necessarily the case for the complainers but regardless of this our money wes equally adding to the bottom line and there were 5 of us and anyway its all public transport and we were all kids once.

As has been said several times- enjoy the flight- the crew will be lovely- and you you will def get a great reception at your destination.

DKI
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Please guys - can you be a little more understanding of those who don't like to see babies in CW or F. Those who feel that way have just as much right to express their feelings as you do to express the opposite view. There's no need for sarcasm and rudeness.
The rude thing is the poster who responds to a query asking for specific advice about tickets he has already purchased, by saying 'you are my worst nightmare'.

If someone wants to start a thread saying 'babies ruined my flight', they should go ahead, but replies to every post mentioning children saying 'get out of my cabin' just get tedious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.