Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip report : First to Cape Town

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Well if you had been paying attention to my earlier post you would have found the answer sooner.....
I was paying attention: for some reason I can't quite fathom, I do sometimes read what you write.

But you simply told me to "adjust [my] settings". With all the talk about operating systems I assumed this meant browser (or, less plausibly, computer) settings and looked at those. If you'd said Flyertalk Options then I would have "found the answer sooner".

Excellent pictures jumpseat_jock. The Champagne glasses lined up one is especially good.
Agreed.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, Starwood, Hilton Honors, Points.com
Thanks so much for this exhaustive (and very helpful) report on your trip in BA First to Cape Town. My DH and I plan to return to SA next year, using AA miles to fly from LHR to CPT in BA First.

I totally empathize with you on the situation you experienced with the screaming infant. About ten years ago, we were flying CDG-PIA and had to endure several hours of a screaming French toddler in Coach with us. She also spent most of the flight kicking the back of the seat in front of her. The only baby supplies it appeared her parents had brought on board were a bottle of mineral water and one toy--no food.

I don't do well (as in "panic attack") with non-stop noise I cannot get away from. The only thing that helped me get through this flight was two Xanax. Now, I never fly without it.

Just out of curiosity, did any members of the BA First crew try to help the baby's family to quiet her? I realize this situation is a real sticky wicket for everyone involved.

Last edited by ncdecolover; Mar 6, 2010 at 8:20 pm
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
Great report! very helpful for future travel!^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec (Silver), SPG (corporate), IHG
Originally Posted by ncdecolover
Thanks so .

Just out of curiosity, did any members of the BA First crew try to help the baby's family to quiet her? I realize this situation is a real sticky wicket for everyone involved.
yes indeed to their credit and that of the parents they all tried to console / comfort the infant - it was not pleasant for anyone involved which goes back to my original point about accepting bookings for infants whom by their very nature cannot be reasoned with / controlled when it all goes "due south" JJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.