Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:53 pm

So I cheaped out and decided not to pay $90 USD to choose my seat for my CW trip coming up in a few weeks. Looks like the only seats left on a 777 4 Class aircraft is the last row (15) on the aisle or there are seats in the middle section farther up in row 10. So would you go for 15J on the aisle or the farther up D and G seats?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
So I cheaped out and decided not to pay $90 USD to choose my seat for my CW trip coming up in a few weeks. Looks like the only seats left on a 777 4 Class aircraft is the last row (15) on the aisle or there are seats in the middle section farther up in row 10. So would you go for 15J on the aisle or the farther up D and G seats?
I would go for 10D/G over 15J anyday. 15J is nearer WT+ and near bassinets so you may be around young children/babies, you get served last and it is unlikely that you will get your first meal choice if the flight is full. 10D/G get served first and there is no one stepping over your legs as it is the first row, and you get a few extra inches legroom. They are near the toilets but it shouldn't be much of a problem IMO, especially with 10D.

Remember that 15A/J and 15EF will open up at T-72 which are good window seats as they are very private, but they do have misaligned windows and you get served last. If I am correct 11JK sometimes open up at T-72 if not selected by a Gold. I have seen this be the case on the last 2 SIN flights for my parents that I have OLCI'd recently!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by misaps
Hi all. Long time lurker - first time poster!

Flying CW: LGW - MLE in June on 3 class 777 and can't decide which seats to go for. I've currently got 5A & 5B secured but as someone who enjoys looking out the window more than watching the latest offering from Harry Potter on the 'big' screen, would I be better off elsewhere? (The other half is happy to sit anywhere so long as the IFE works and drink flows!)

Not flown on this version of 777 before so would appreciate some insider help

Thanks

M
If you want a good window view, 2AB/JK are apparently very good seats. You get served first, you will get a full set of windows and your other half will not have anyone stepping over him in 2B. I am in 2A for my LGW-PUJ-LGW flights in mid July
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mikey2124
. I am in 2A for my LGW-PUJ-LGW flights in mid July
You're off to the Dominican Republic in July? I never heard you mention that before.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SteveF
Ah, but there is that strange flap thingy (what's it for anyone?) that is opened for take off and landing and you can see the heads of the front row WT+ pax from 15E/F on a 4 class 777 through the opening (depending how tall they are of course). You can also see the front row aisle pax from there when the curtains are open so yes, staring is possible. Who really cares though?
I'd assume it is for Health and Safety?? so the crew can see through from the CW cabin.

Or......... maybe it was designed to see the envy on the faces of the WT+ passengers as you stretch out. I'd say the first is more likely.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
You're off to the Dominican Republic in July? I never heard you mention that before.
It's all very exciting for those who don't travel often like me! Not too fussed about the flights really, they just get me there in comfort... 2 weeks in the sun is a much bigger deal! I made the big mistake of deciding to use factor 4 suncream on my last day in St.Lucia last summer as opposed to the normal 15, got very sunburnt and when I was being served on the flight back the crew member said "Mr mikey2124, I think you may have had too much sun today!"
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:51 pm

You are a lucky lad! I wish it was me but back to Y for a while
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The 777 aisles are pretty closely aligned, just a couple of inches ahead on the 2 side iirc.
Thanks, Boss ^
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:57 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I am seated in 17A on BA011 (LHR SIN in CW and then on BA010 (SYD LHR) I am seated 19A. Are these seats good or bad. Many Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by trustno1
I am seated in 17A on BA011 (LHR SIN in CW and then on BA010 (SYD LHR) I am seated 19A. Are these seats good or bad. Many Thanks.
they are both in the rear cabin (rearward facing window seats) on the LD of a HIGH J config... personally on all 744's I prefer any UD seat if you can get it failing which try for rows 12,13,14.
14a/k, 20a/k are particularily good as you don't have to cross over anyone while getting in and out of your seat...
Old Apr 22, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Here's a Club World seating query to help this thread along - when is BA going to apply the same rules as they do for 1A/K in First to the 'best' seats on UD?

I'm getting fed-up with all these impertinent Silvers nicking 64K!
Except 1a/k aren't the best seats in First... its just a number / prestige issue... I personally much prefer 2a / k on the 744's... and most of the time on a 777, when I park myself in 1A/K and the flight is light the CC come and suggest / offer for me to move to 2/3 so as to be further insulated from Galley noise...
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

Got a result (sort of) today. Had a look at my booking and checked seat availability. Low and behold 64A was now showing free on my SYD LHR sector. Paid for it but feel a little mugged. 96 euros lighter!!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Originally Posted by trustno1
Got a result (sort of) today. Had a look at my booking and checked seat availability. Low and behold 64A was now showing free on my SYD LHR sector. Paid for it but feel a little mugged. 96 euros lighter!!
It hurts, doesn't it! (especially when you pay for a brace of seats out and back!!)

Less pain if Tesco paid for (most of) the rest of the ticket though!

£60 for downstairs and £80 for upstairs per seat is a little high I suppose....but better than a pair of B seats facing an unknown Canadian nose-picker in 'A', who kept dropping the screen, as experienced on my last trip in Club!!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Are 1A and 4K the only two 767 CW window seats with unobstructed aisle access?

Also, is the proximity of 4K to the lavatory a bother?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:47 am

In CW, is there such a thing as Screen Etiquette, i.e., is it frowned upon to put the screen up on boarding and leave it there for the whole flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.