Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is there not supposed to be a row 5 in the lgw 3 class craft?
Ours has a row 5 so we've took 5j and k on the outbound and return to ssh.

Have we made a mistake?
In mmb,it's the last row in the front cabin and beside the galley so I'm assuming it's the one with the window seat that means no stepping over anyone to get out?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Seat Options 777 4 Class - Baby (15E Taken)

Hello people....

More questions for the wonderful people of FT(BA).

Off to Dubai in CW with wife and Infant (will be 6 Months old) in March.
On return journey, have 15EF (4 Class 777 - No row 16 showing, so I guess 777-200), but on the way out (night flight), 15E is taken, 15F is not.
This would appear to be strange as why would you want a middle pair seat if you are travelling alone (unless you have a baby and hope no one takes 15F I guess... big gamble).

Anyway, been trying to call BA over the last few weeks (probably about 15 times), in the end trying different options because every time I get, "sorry we are experiencing higher that average call volumes" (which by the way, is not higher than average, if it is all the time, but I digress)

I have 10EF booked at the moment. Should I stay there, or move to 15JK which are free (15AC are not). First time in CW with Baby, so not sure how much use the bassinetts are.

Ideas?

Thanks

Matt
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
15E will always show as in use until T-24, even if it isn't, as it is reserved for bassinet use - therefore you should be able to get yourself booked in unless you have been beaten to it by other CW pax with a baby. Gold and Silver pax can't touch it so if it's taken it will only be taken by someone who needs the bassinet. As you say, if 15F is not taken then I suspect the seat is still free.

I would therefore persevere with your calls to BA on this. Good luck..
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by matthudski
Hello people....

More questions for the wonderful people of FT(BA).

Off to Dubai in CW with wife and Infant (will be 6 Months old) in March.
On return journey, have 15EF (4 Class 777 - No row 16 showing, so I guess 777-200), but on the way out (night flight), 15E is taken, 15F is not.
This would appear to be strange as why would you want a middle pair seat if you are travelling alone (unless you have a baby and hope no one takes 15F I guess... big gamble).

Anyway, been trying to call BA over the last few weeks (probably about 15 times), in the end trying different options because every time I get, "sorry we are experiencing higher that average call volumes" (which by the way, is not higher than average, if it is all the time, but I digress)

I have 10EF booked at the moment. Should I stay there, or move to 15JK which are free (15AC are not). First time in CW with Baby, so not sure how much use the bassinetts are.

Ideas?

Thanks

Matt
Is the infant definitely added to the booking correctly as we are travelling in J to TLV and have 15EF booked. We are coming back on separate dates so our bookings are different. My wife who has the infant on her lap, has access to all three bassinett seats, however my booking shows the three seats as occupied.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Originally Posted by Dan London
Is the infant definitely added to the booking correctly as we are travelling in J to TLV and have 15EF booked. We are coming back on separate dates so our bookings are different. My wife who has the infant on her lap, has access to all three bassinett seats, however my booking shows the three seats as occupied.
Yep, infant is on both flights. I can book 15JK which is also a bassinett seat, so I assume [ThatT1Feeling] is correct that 15E is taken by one person with a infant. Why they don't take 15JK (which ever one has the bassinett) I don't know.

I will keep trying on the BA line. Getting a bit old this "we are experiencing greater than average call volumes"
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
77W Seating Question

I am scheduled to fly on the 77W for the first time (DXB-LHR), and thought I would ask for seating advice.

Specifically, I have a choice between 10K, 13K, and 16A/K. What would you go with? I know that on the 772, row 13 is the "full complement of windows" row. Does the same apply to the 77W?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Best seats CW LAX-LHR

Hoping for some input. Flying CW in April and want to know opinions on the best seats on the 747. Had 20 EF on the last flight and they were pretty nice. Any other thoughts? Flying with the wife.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Check the sticky, sorry dashboard, at the top of page 1.

Generally UD is preferred, but with your wife the EF seats are a nice pair, as you had last time.
There's no such thing as a bad seat in CW really. There are preferences, for sure, but travelling with 2 it's less critical as the "best" seats are all partnered with a slightly less favourable one (64K = great, 64J = OK)

HTH
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:00 am

CW best seats 777 NRT

Hi,
I am outbound to NRT in 64a as always, but return is a 777 with 16 rows in CW.
Any ideas as to the best seat? Also will it be New First as may upgrade.
Many thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, it will be NF if you have row 16 in CW. It is the new 777-300ER.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Does anyone have an opinion on whether the first rows in CW are popular on high J aircrafts? I'm hoping to get 13AB and 14ABD for a flight to JFK
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by lisamel
Does anyone have an opinion on whether the first rows in CW are popular on high J aircrafts? I'm hoping to get 13AB and 14ABD for a flight to JFK
All ABD GJK seats are ok. 13 and 14 is in the smaller CW cabin which is more private than the larger one.

E/F seats are the worst if travelling alone.

62 A/K and 64 A/K on upper deck are considered the best for solo travel.

14 A/K and 20 A/K on main deck also great for solo travellers as they have free access to the aisle.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by Lobengula
All ABD GJK seats are ok. 13 and 14 is in the smaller CW cabin which is more private than the larger one.

E/F seats are the worst if travelling alone.

62 A/K and 64 A/K on upper deck are considered the best for solo travel.

14 A/K and 20 A/K on main deck also great for solo travellers as they have free access to the aisle.
Thank you for your comment. We are five adults travelling together and four of us are on the same pnr. I dont think we will pay for the seats in advance so I'm hoping we will be able to sit near each other. I dont know if that is realistic or not
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
219 to DEN on Tuesday

Off to DEN on Tuesday in CW with an AMEX 2-4-1. The seat map on MMB shows a 4 class config (13F) and looking at recent weeks it seems a pattern of operating this config on a Tuesday. (Interestingly very rarely on any other day). There are no F seats sold on this route (as far as I am aware) and the seats in the forward cabin are all shown as occupied.
Can anyone tell me if the F seats are opened up to CW pax (with CW service) and if so is it possible to select them at check in or is it luck of the draw on the day? If so I'm hoping my recent elevation to silver might give a slight advantage....
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The F seats will be opened only if needed and then handed out by status. Silver will help but best prepare to be in the dorm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.