Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Now that the 48J 3-class 777 map is correct, can I repeat my request in post #35 for a 40J map to make the set complete?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Wherryman
Now that the 48J 3-class 777 map is correct, can I repeat my request in post #35 for a 40J map to make the set complete?
Your wish is my command - the 40J config 777 map has now been added.

Also, for good measure I've thrown in the associated aircraft regos.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Prospero

Thanks. ^
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm travelling to CPT on BA43 on Thursday and the seat map seems to coincide with a 40J configuration EXCEPT in row 3 there are no F or G seats shown - next to 3E there is a gap shown, not greyed out seats - does anyone know why is this?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by redsailor
I'm travelling to CPT on BA43 on Thursday and the seat map seems to coincide with a 40J configuration EXCEPT in row 3 there are no F or G seats shown - next to 3E there is a gap shown, not greyed out seats - does anyone know why is this?
What you're seeing is the 36J three class 777 configuration. There is now only one aircraft flying with that config (with the old seats) - and incidently this aircraft (G-YMMC) has been plying CPT route regularly in recent weeks.

http://www.flyertalk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BAG7773C.jpg

Enjoy the brown leather scenery whilst you can - G-YMMC is due in for its refit very soon.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks Prospero. looks like 3E might be a decent option for a single traveller if its still there at T-24.

I have to add that it would be somewhat ironic if, on one of the few times I fork out hard cash in full for a Club flight, that I get to travel on the last 777 to be re-fitted!!

I am hoping that BA's seatmap is wrong and you are right (according to the Club sticky) and that this machine is due to go in for its re-fit on Friday, as in that case it can't fly to CPT on Thurday night!

Last edited by redsailor; Mar 1, 2010 at 12:17 pm
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by redsailor
Thanks Prospero. looks like 3E might be a decent option for a single traveller if its still there at T-24.

I have to add that it would be somewhat ironic if, on one of the few times I fork out hard cash in full for a Club flight, that I get to travel on the last 777 to be re-fitted!!

I am hoping that BA's seatmap is wrong and you are right (according to the Club sticky) and that this machine is due to go in for its re-fit on Friday, as in that case it can't fly to CPT on Thurday night!
Just checking my records, and according to the programme (which I must confess is now over 6 months old and may be out of date) G-YMMC is indeed due in for refit on Friday.

Note, EF also shows a 36J 777 against Thursday's BA275 so its not 100% definite you'll be taking G-YMMC to CPT.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Blue

Double thanks! ^^
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Just checking my records, and according to the programme (which I must confess is now over 6 months old and may be out of date) G-YMMC is indeed due in for refit on Friday.

Note, EF also shows a 36J 777 against Thursday's BA275 so its not 100% definite you'll be taking G-YMMC to CPT.
Far be it for me to be super-picky, Prospero, but there appears to be a duplicate reg in the 40J config 777 reg list...

<ducks and runs>
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:11 pm

When can one be sure if the flight is NCW instead of NGCW? If at OCLI it's showing 36J is that it definite, or does one have to wait until one boards? If it's true that only 1 777 NCW remains then it's odd that they have seat maps showing 2 36Js for 2 different flights
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by FenLandK
Far be it for me to be super-picky, Prospero, but there appears to be a duplicate reg in the 40J config 777 reg list...

<ducks and runs>
Dunno what you're talking about

thanks ^
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA
A318 - Best Seat? (LCY-JFK-LCY)

No flaming please! I checked Search and the results were inconclusive.

For those who have travelled on the London City to New York service, what are the views on the best seat/row?

Thus far I've heard 1 is too close to the galley; 2 is good but has a mismatched window; 3,4, 5, and 6 have no view due to the wing; 7 & 8 have good views but no overhead bin. I've also heard that service is from front to rear and so it's best to be close to the front. Anything I've missed?

JAO
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by JeremyAO
For those who have travelled on the London City to New York service, what are the views on the best seat/row?

Thus far I've heard 1 is too close to the galley; 2 is good but has a mismatched window; 3,4, 5, and 6 have no view due to the wing; 7 & 8 have good views but no overhead bin. I've also heard that service is from front to rear and so it's best to be close to the front. Anything I've missed?
I haven't yet used the service (two weeks, one day and one hour to go ) but I've heard very similar things except that:
  • Not sure row 3 is over-wing. Very curious to know.
  • I can see that being close the the galley and those queuing for the loo could be annoying in the row 1 aisle. I'm not convinced it is a problem in the window seat. And since the outbounds seem half-empty, hard to see much of a queue will form anyway.
I'm currently in 2K, but plenty of options to move. I like windows with good views, but I also like faster service, and quiet, so I don't think rows 7 and 8 would suit me.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Club - E/F or Upper Deck

Finally using my Amex 2-4-1 to go to Miami later in the year (yes for the annual cruise). I have no status so I can't get the Upper Deck until -24 (probably more like -36 as we are flying from Edinburgh the night before).

Upper Deck is lovely and main deck A/B, J/K seats great too, but have never travelled in the E/F seats? What do you all think?

I will be going with my other half and thought it might be quite nice to sit in these seats, our own little mini-cabin! Looking at 17EF but is it too close to the toilet?

Amazing that I spend my life working on the aircraft but when given the chance to pick a seat I cant make my mind up.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Always a window pair, whether upstairs or down. Only one of you has to step over a pair of legs to get out, and it's much easier to talk to each other face to face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.