Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread - The OT strike moan and whine thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As we did last time, a place to ..... and complain about the destruction wraught on your travel plans.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Starting on a positive note, there are no immediate plans to strike as yet!

So the whine is the union pro-longing pax agony as the uncertainty of the dates as Easter looms which will prolong the period when BA is subject to lower bookings. I do not believe the unions about not striking during the Easter period. How long is the Easter period after all.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
I want to have a general moan and whine because I have a couple of bookings that might be affected and having had the possibility of being affected by the xmas strike, I'm a little bit fed up of wondering if my travel plans will be disrupted.

I have a business trip to Asia, and I think I will probably get there, but I might not be able to get home again. And then there is my trip back to the UK for Easter, but I'm leaving on 29th March, so that might fall out of the 'we won't strike over Easter' window.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: BA
Out to PEK on 24th March, then back from NRT April 5th. Lots of non-refundable elements to this holiday. I'd just prefer to know if I'm affected or not to try and change things if I can.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:45 am

Has anyone tried that Chilean red in Club on US routes? The description is enticing but they never seem to have it on board. Oh, sorry I see it's the whine thread!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Panic Stations
Has anyone tried that Chilean red in Club on US routes? The description is enticing but they never seem to have it on board. Oh, sorry I see it's the whine thread!
I like the use of humour here.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
ho hum, I might get stuck in MIA. Not that I care, woke up this morning to -25 and at this rate the snow will have melted by May if I'm lucky. Can I apply for umbrella drink compensation for my troubles?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
The 8pm French tv news was very positive this evening:
  • Total fuel on strike and long queues at the petrol pumps (very happy car is full of enough fuel to last two weeks!)
  • French air traffic controllers going on strike at CGD and ORY with plenty of flights to be cancelled
  • Lufthansa strike

Plus we also had full body scanners at CDG. But no mention of looming BA strikes.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
LHR-BOS 5/3/10-8/3/10 CW MFU'd.

Just going with a good friend for a weekend of boozing and seeing Muse at the TD Garden.

Not too bothered if its gets canned as I can go drinking any weekend, it's just I can't book a hotel till I know what's happening.

Hopefully there'll still be some good deals on Priceline/Hotwire when we know more.

Could really do with the inbound not being cancelled as I'm meant to be going straight to work!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
Unite know how this uncertainty is currently affecting BA bookings. My gues is they will let the strike loom for a while.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:26 pm

Thank you for this thread it is the not knowing that is the biggest hassle of strike dates etc oh well gotta wait i suppose
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:28 pm

I forgot, Mr flyingbee has a weekend in the UK booked that might be wrecked. Nothing non-refundable in UK booked, so not too bad in that sense, but he will be very peeved if he misses his boys weekend.

We might end up with me unhappy at being stuck away from home on my business trip, and Mr flyingbee unhappy because he's stuck at home!

Wish I knew whether to just book some easyJet flights as backup for him.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Im now flying out to LAX in CW on 30th April. A flight that far out i should be ok shouldnt i, thankfully everything but the flight is fully refundable.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Deleted, Wrong thread sorry.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Now I expect my pilot to get me from A to B (or B north in the case of FR) in a safe manner with a reassuring voice and some general chit chat about the weather at the destination and hoping we had a pleasant flight I would assume his profession should expect the same. I cannot therefore think what the bloke was talking about, anybody any ideas?
I believe this is due to BALPA refusing to tell the pilots to not volunteer as cabin crew according to a few posts in the monster strike thread. Although I've been wrong before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.