Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: US Visa Waiver Program and Moral Turpitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: US Visa Waiver Program and Moral Turpitude

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Pandor
1. For how long?

2. If someone has been cautioned in the UK and more than three years has passed, would they be eligible for the VWP?

3. Once a visa is granted due to being ineligible for the VWP, would one need to reapply for every time he/she intends to visit the US?
Would very much appreciate if the above questions could be answered.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If I have recently engaged in espionage and sabotage against the governments of North Korea, Iran and Saddam Hussein's Iraq do I need a visa?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
If I have recently engaged in espionage and sabotage against the governments of North Korea, Iran and Saddam Hussein's Iraq do I need a visa?
Nope.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OK ... I confess.

In 1963 I was stopped, and subsequently fined 4, for exceeding the speed limit. I'm still sorry, truly sorry, for doing 40 in a 30 limit. I have no excuse, other than I was young and stupid [as opposed to old and stupid]. I am stained for life by that brief moment of stupidity on a 350cc Royal Enfield.

However ... whenever I renew my Firearms Certificate, I still have to make that declaration of that previous offence.

But my private moral turpitude is 'unrecorded', so that's OK.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by T8191
OK ... I confess.

In 1963 I was stopped, and subsequently fined 4, for exceeding the speed limit. I'm still sorry, truly sorry, for doing 40 in a 30 limit. I have no excuse, other than I was young and stupid [as opposed to old and stupid]. I am stained for life by that brief moment of stupidity on a 350cc Royal Enfield.

However ... whenever I renew my Firearms Certificate, I still have to make that declaration of that previous offence.

But my private moral turpitude is 'unrecorded', so that's OK.
hahaha
AJS, now thats a bike
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Pandor
Would very much appreciate if the above questions could be answered.

Many thanks.
There is no time limit on when an eligability would occur. If an evert has EVER occurred which makes a person ineligable for the Visa Waiver, then that person needs to get a visa

Once visa granted it will be valid for the validity of the visa which could be from 1 visit up to a max of 5 or 10 (iirc) years

Dave
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA slvr, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Theft is an offence of Moral Turpitude , so if arrested or convicted of theft , then it does need to be declared and a visa applied for. If there is any doubt, then apply for a visa. If it turns out that they don't care about the offence being at age 17, they will be able to approve the visa and you'll have it back in the post a few days after the interview.
Just for everyone's future reference, most crimes committed before the age of 18 do not qualify as Crimes of Moral Turpitude under the U.S. Immigration laws:

9 FAM 40.21(a) N1.2 Exceptions to Ineligibility
(CT:VISA-753; 06-29-2005)
Certain statutory exceptions may prevent a determination of ineligibility by reason of a conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude. These exceptions relate to:
(1) Crimes committed prior to age 18 (see 9 FAM 40.21(a) N8 and N9)
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/c22167.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.