Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of meal choice in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Was chatting to him in the departure area so know 100% that was the case.
No jealousy at all as I've also been op-upped.
I assume that up-graders are the lowest in the pecking order no matter what status they are?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I assume that up-graders are the lowest in the pecking order no matter what status they are?
That would be sensible but not sure it's actually the case. Also with BA not getting your first choice is delivered with a shrug of the shoulders, once didn't get first choice on EK (in F) and that resulted in getting presentations on everything available from F & J so I could choose something I liked.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by James S
I do the same in CW. I just say "Anything will do, whatever you have the most of - but if anything is left over at the end I'll have a second main course please, doesn't matter what."
Second main course, what a good idea! I might try it next time. I don't think I can quite fit in two main meals on CE but on CW, I probably can I find flying dreadfully boring most of the time, unless I happen to have a great seat companion or funny crew, and eating takes away my boredom (although sleeping is even better).

Mind you, it won't do my waistline or the dreaded cellulite any good.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
.....although I only have four other BA F flights to compare it to.
My only other international F flights (plenty of US domestic but that's quite different) have numbered five on BA. You see, Hiddy: we're more alike than you or I really want to admit.

Loved the open feel to the 747 F cabin - 10 seats compared to BA's 14 made a huge difference and made it far more relaxing.
Didn't have any problems with the food or the lack of Champagne.
I agree that the cabin as a whole is more spacious and the seats are bigger.
There's a whole thread on the TG forum about "The disappearing Dom". I had no problems with the DP either (either LHR-BKK or the return) but it seems you and I were both lucky.

I can't say I thought the service was better on TG, but that might be just a bit of a cultural barrier. I like the banter with the best FAs on BA. It has just the right mix of formality and familiarity - which is difficult to achieve when you don't share the same native language.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
My only other international F flights (plenty of US domestic but that's quite different) have numbered five on BA. You see, Hiddy: we're more alike than you or I really want to admit. .
So you're a 53 year old layabout as well are you?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:43 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Sorry, just to add a bit of injection to this thread. If i was paying for an F class ticket on BA, and paying upwards of 4000GBP, I would be appalled at not having my first, or second, dinner choice.

I fly US quite often, and even their 'Envoy' (Business) class service caters far better, with a cabin of upto 30 people. Each time I have flown, they have always had a scattering of options, from the pre-select menu they hand out at the start of the flight. They have upto 5 main courses, and 3 starters... not to mention puddings.

If a carrier like US can get their business product right, at a fraction of the cost, then why the hell can't BA get their First product either same, or better?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
So you're a 53 year old layabout as well are you?
Paging Ms Galore...

BAH
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:41 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
I wonder if a simplified meal ordering system could be worked into your exec club profile, rather than the full blown option to view the menus and pre-select a meal, in a similar way to you can state your preference for a window or aisle seat.

Something along the lines of meal preference:

FISH
POULTRY
BEEF
VEGETARIAN
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Paging Ms Galore...

BAH
LOL! I so see a hairbrushing coming!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by McG
I wonder if a simplified meal ordering system could be worked into your exec club profile, rather than the full blown option to view the menus and pre-select a meal, in a similar way to you can state your preference for a window or aisle seat.

Something along the lines of meal preference:

FISH
POULTRY
BEEF
VEGETARIAN
FISH
POULTRY
BEEF
VEGETARIAN
SPECIAL MEAL (please state)

Perhaps, although this might be a bit too simplified as if you don't know what is going into a dish you might not be able to eat it/want to eat it.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:22 pm
Suspended

I think you've all scared off the op...
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by McG
ISomething along the lines of meal preference:

FISH
POULTRY
BEEF
VEGETARIAN
How about:
fish eggs
shellfish
game
?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I would be disappointed not to get my first choice, although hopefully the remaining options would be satisfactory for me.

I have a number of F flights this year, so will see if the current arrangements are a problem for me or if I become aware of others being disappointed.

I was upgraded from J to F in October last year and despite a full cabin (including other OpUps), I received all my first choices although I was quite prepared not to, and had a second choice ready just in case. In that situation, the larger seat and better champagne was good enough to keep me more than happy!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:34 pm

It was the best F experience I have had.....although I only have four other BA F flights to compare it to.

Loved the open feel to the 747 F cabin - 10 seats compared to BA's 14 made a huge difference and made it far more relaxing.
Didn't have any problems with the food or the lack of Champagne.
This is what I don't understand about TG F. they have reduced the number of seats in the 747 A zone by a whopping 4, for a seat that isn't that much bigger than BA's. Plus the seat isn't terribly private. There isn't even a privacy screen between the centre seats. Finally, the materials/colour scheme of the TG seat are pretty ghastly IMO. TG do the 'variations on purple' colour theme to death! Have to say our new F colour pallette and materials really are extremely impressive and look/feel very luxurious.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Skimo
This is what I don't understand about TG F. they have reduced the number of seats in the 747 A zone by a whopping 4, for a seat that isn't that much bigger than BA's. Plus the seat isn't terribly private. There isn't even a privacy screen between the centre seats. Finally, the materials/colour scheme of the TG seat are pretty ghastly IMO. TG do the 'variations on purple' colour theme to death! Have to say our new F colour pallette and materials really are extremely impressive and look/feel very luxurious.
A little confused why you'd want to compare BA F to TG F, is it the astounding ground services, the better quality champagne, the ability to pre-book meals or something I haven't though of?
or perhaps the caviar ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.