Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can i get to Gran Canaria etc with OW?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

Im pretty certain someone posted this recently but cant find anything. Thinking about a weekend in somewhere like Lanzarote with the bike, or maybe Mrs Globalste
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Yes...

BA/IB to MAD then IB onward to LPA...

My friends did it last year when there were no reasonable price seats available on charter carriers.
A320/321 on all sectors.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I regularly do LHR-MAD-LPA (or else where in the Canaries) in IB business in order to avoid Easyjet. If you do IB all the way, you do not have to clear security again at MAD. If you go with BA, you have to transit from T4S to T4 and clear security.

Did this route even in the days of GB Airways to maximise the TPs.

OW miles redemption via ba.com is 40,000 miles return for LHR-MAD-LPA per pax in business.

I have also done LHR-BCN-LPA with BA/Air Europa and BA/Spanair.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by globalste
Thinking about a weekend in somewhere like Lanzarote with the bike, or maybe Mrs Globalste
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:19 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KenJohn
I regularly do LHR-MAD-LPA (or else where in the Canaries) in IB business in order to avoid Easyjet
Thats a lot of TPs!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Now OW don't fly direct from London to LPA we use easyJet - it just takes too long transiiting via MAD. easyJet aren't that bad if you use speedy boarding. Have used them twice in the last two months LGW-LPA with no problems.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Im pretty certain someone posted this recently but cant find anything. Thinking about a weekend in somewhere like Lanzarote with the bike, or maybe Mrs Globalste

-Used various airlines to get to/from LPA over the years! From where you live IB via MAD, especially if you have checked baggage would be my recommended option.^

Again from my own experience, at certain times of the year charters are not always cheaper or quicker. I have never tried EZY for such a long flight due to the lack of seat pitch, and FR would be much the same!

BA operated by GB was by far the best option for both ACE & LPA in the 'old' days. - From EDI I have also used *Alliance LH & JK via FRA & MAD, journey time 10 hours or so including connections.

Fewer flights on offer to ACE might be more of a 'challenge' for a week-end break?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.