Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any idea when points balance is updated?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:52 am
09R
Original Poster

Any idea when points balance is updated?

Need to book a reward seat (only 1 remaining!) and waiting for some points to come in from Amex. Any idea if theres a set time when ba update their systems...wanna book this asap!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:10 am

My BA miles from my BA Amex are credited once a month a few days before the statement date. My statement date is 26th and the miles appear on the 22nd.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:21 am

If transferring from MR points to BA Miles then typically it'll take 48 hours or so. If it's BA Miles direct from your Amex then, as above, it's linked in with your statement date.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:49 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
wanna book this asap!
If it's urgent and you are worried the seat will disappear, then the simple solution would be to buy some miles.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Not sure if phone agents will still do this but... a few years ago my Amex miles went astray and nothing credited for 5 months. The problem was then sorted and all the miles were due to credit just before my next statement. So, when booking a 241, the agent put the flights on hold for me, awaiting the arrival of those miles, which I needed to complete the booking. Pretty sure this was mid-late 2007.

James
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:04 am
09R
Original Poster

hi there.

what i meant was is it a midnight affair? or could the miles go in at any time in the day?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:06 am

Edit - never mind, you posted as I did which clarified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.