Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is Willie Walsh???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by bealine
The so-called "Leadership Team" would never sully their hands with the "operation" apart from to sample Concorde, while it was with us, or First Class, with the time at the dreadful airports kept to the barest minimum.
well there is a recent post of a crew member upgraded from WTP to F on a recent trip so whats good for the goose.......
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by johnny5a
I want BBC to bring back "Back to the floor" series.
Or even "Back to the flaw"
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by johnny5a
I want BBC to bring back "Back to the floor" series.
Part of the problem these days is that they have all been parachuted into jobs that are way above their competency and they have never actually been on the "floor", or even know where it is. In fact, I would like to put a few of them on the floor in my own inimitable fashion. I used to say that one day I would catch them in a dark alley but they all have CCTV's now!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
A friendly reminder - if you see something you don't like in a thread please use the Report Bad Post button. Thanks

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
I am glad the title of the thread has changed. I like humour, and FT is much enhanced by it, but that really wasn't. As a fairly new FT poster I wasn't sure if I could complain about it, but I'm glad to see that I could have done. The point of the thread - where is WW - is a good one.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tupelo
I consider the OP a troll and the title of his post an offensive violation of FT terms of use. "Dwarf"? Really? I have no opinion of WW either way, but I do wish the children would refrain from posting.....
It must be so nice to be such a correct and perfect person.

Normally,the name of senior managers is regarded as different to the name of an individual BA employee. It's like the difference between saying Richard Branson or Inflight Supervisor Joe Bloggs.

As for "dwarf", it could be said that "children" is just as bad.

I do wish that pedants would refrain from posting
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

As for "dwarf", it could be said that "children" is just as bad.

I do wish that pedants would refrain from posting
Not sure if you saw the original title but I found it offensive as well and not very nice especially when it was directed at a named individual.
If that makes me a pedant......so be it.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Anyone can make a valid point or express an opinion without name-calling. It doesn't add anything to the debate...

Think twice, post once.

Last edited by FenLandK; Jan 9, 2010 at 11:26 am Reason: Corrected typo
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Not sure if you saw the original title but I found it offensive as well and not very nice especially when it was directed at a named individual.
If that makes me a pedant......so be it.
I agree that the thrust of the thread appeared quite offensive. And, without wishing to reopen an old debate (wound?) its fair to say that without WW's decisive action, cabin crew would have been on strike over Christmas and New Year and none of us would have been flying anywhere.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by FenLandK
Anyone can make a valid point or express an option without name-calling. It doesn't add anything to the debate...

Think twice, post once.
^
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by ian001
Originally Posted by FenLandK
Anyone can make a valid point or express an option without name-calling. It doesn't add anything to the debate...

Think twice, post once.
^
Of course that should have been opinion (now corrected!)
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by bafan
I agree that the thrust of the thread appeared quite offensive. And, without wishing to reopen an old debate (wound?) its fair to say that without WW's decisive action, cabin crew would have been on strike over Christmas and New Year and none of us would have been flying anywhere.

I find that a rather strange logic. Surely if WW had been REALLY good at what he's doing, his view would have prevailed and there wouldn't have been a hint of a strike in the first place. From the comments made by the pilots in this forum it would appear they've made adequate concessions without striking.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ian001
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

Long term, his biggest problem at the moment is not the weather, but stopping BASSA from destroying the airline.
Exactly right. And actually I think there's a perfectly good argument, bernardd to say that the fact the strike was / is threatened is a sign of WW doing a good job, as he is facing this absurd union down.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It's not just BASSA. They don't seem quite sure what business they are in anymore.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bernardd
I find that a rather strange logic. Surely if WW had been REALLY good at what he's doing, his view would have prevailed and there wouldn't have been a hint of a strike in the first place. From the comments made by the pilots in this forum it would appear they've made adequate concessions without striking.
Sorry - doesn't that prove my point, if the pilots are happy to reach a deal with WW.....?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by PAUL PALMER
As a shareholder I'd rather he'd stayed at Aer Lingus.
^

Staff would love to see WW coming out to support them at this difficult time when we're doing all we can to deal with the disruption. I think passengers would also welcome it.

Our General Manager at LGW came into the terminal to support and thank the staff today. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.