Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can Status Pax Use [LHR] T3 Fast Track Security in whY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

I'm travelling out of T3 next week in Euro Traveller. Do Silvers/Golds get access to Fast Track security?

I emailed BA about this, because I wasn't sure, expecting to be told that status passengers can use Fast Track (because we can at T5). However, this was the response;

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email.

Passengers travelling in First, Club World or Club Europe can use the dedicated Fast Track Security channel.

However, as a Silver member you can enjoy priority check-in and boarding. You can avoid queues by using Club World, Club Europe or the equivalent oneworld Business Class desks, no matter what class of ticket you have.

I hope this information is useful.

Regards
XXX
British Airways Executive Club
So I'm just seeking clarification on this! Thanks in advance...
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes you can. As you pass through the BP check you'll see lists on the wall of who is and isn't allowed to use T3 fastrack. BA Elites certainly are, plus 1 guest. ^ No mention of OW status though.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Yes you can. As you pass through the BP check you'll see lists on the wall of who is and isn't allowed to use T3 fastrack. BA Elites certainly are, plus 1 guest. ^ No mention of OW status though.
Actually I'm not sure how this is set up at T3 but certainly elites cannot use Fast Track at LGW unless they're travelling in First, CW or CE.

I know at T5 elites can use Fast Track as the terminal is BA use only.

I was always told that at terminals where other carriers share facilities, it's not possible for ET or WT/WT+ elite passengers to use Fast Track. We're certainly not allowed to give them stickers for it at LGW (though I know some colleagues do).

As Swanhunter travels a lot I would imagine he's been through and seen this info for himself.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The sign at FastTrack in T3 only says First and Business Class, but of course that's not dispositive.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:08 pm

You certainly can use the fast track channel in T3, just make sure your status appears on your boarding pass. You should of course also have your Silver Card with you.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the (conflicting!) advice. I will go through the Fast Track entrance and flash my BP and Silver card and see if they stop me!

Maybe BA allow elite status access at T3 just to be consistent with T5 (both being the same airport), but not at other outstations?

Has anyone been through T3 Fast Track recently - my last time was in 2007!? I will be going through at around 09:30 on a Thursday - fast/slow/hellish/heavenly?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
I asked this very question at BA T3 Club check-in recently and was told that I could not use Fast Track. I looked very carefully at the entrance for a sign, because this elusive mythical item had been mentioned on FlyerTalk before, but to no avail. To the two of you who claim there is a sign (but disagree about what it says) could you tell me precisely where it is? I asked at the entrance and, of course, the goon had no idea - he just grunted. I would have had to enter the queue for the desk to find out.

I have used T3 Fast Track this year when travelling in CE (or, I think more precisely, IB Biz). It seemed to be of the usual BAA miss-the-point standard and take the same time as Slow Track; but unlike at T5 you can't see one from the other although a Fast Track user walks past the Slow Track exit on the way out so can get a glimpse of the queues.

P.S. Ah sorry, I missed this bit:
As you pass through the BP check you'll see lists on the wall of who is and isn't allowed to use T3 fastrack.
But that means you have to walk some way into the Fast Track section before you actually see the sign. (At least, I definitely could not see it from the entrance where the goons with the bags are.) By that point you've already decided that you're a Fast Track chap.

Last edited by LeisureFirst; Dec 1, 2009 at 3:34 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
But that means you have to walk some way into the Fast Track section before you actually see the sign. (At least, I definitely could not see it from the entrance where the goons with the bags are.) By that point you've already decided that you're a Fast Track chap.
The sign (more like 2-3 sides of A4) is for the BP checkers reference. It did clearly make reference to Gold and Silver in Y along with a whacking great list covering all the other T3 airlines. I spotted the list in May flying to MAD. The big sign over entrance is far less informative.

This was after speaking to the CSDM who confirmed I couldn't use Fastrack...and I decided to exercise chutpzah and give it a go regardless.

09:30 will be busy. Lots of morning US flights going out.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:16 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Has anyone been through T3 Fast Track recently - my last time was in 2007!? I will be going through at around 09:30 on a Thursday - fast/slow/hellish/heavenly?
I have found T3 security to be quite unpredictable recently. On most of my visits they have only had one machine working on the Fast Track lane, although they did open a second one as I was going through last time (the queue was stretching out into the corridor, so the lass at the BP check desk called someone to get things moving quicker ^).

So prepare for it being slow and hope it is a bit better.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:13 am
Lux

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Actually I'm not sure how this is set up at T3 but certainly elites cannot use Fast Track at LGW unless they're travelling in First, CW or CE.
But as LGW Fast Track rarely seems to be open, it's almost not a problem!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
when we travelled Y to VIE in August, we were told No only for F and J pax only because of the number of airlines that operate out of T3.

The pleasant check-in agent said that if T3 allowed BA status PAX in so they would have to allow all the other FF programmes in as well.

He also said T3 security is much faster than T5 anyway so no problem, I agreed with him after going through so quickly.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
The sign (more like 2-3 sides of A4) is for the BP checkers reference. It did clearly make reference to Gold and Silver in Y along with a whacking great list covering all the other T3 airlines. I spotted the list in May flying to MAD. The big sign over entrance is far less informative.
The A4 sheets are on the wall along side the BP checker and their machine and in fact behind the machine. I only spotted it last time I went through beacuse some US Basketball team had been through - 120 PAX yet!

The signs also include AMEX Centurion cards and I think Platinum (but could be wrong about that latter).
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was about to post, thinking we were talking MAN T3, but based on the OP's location I'm assuming we're actually talking London.

But in case anyone's as daft as me (or just wants random information dished out with a smile), I used Fast Track at MAN T3 a fortnight ago. I was travelling CE from LGW, but the MAN-LGW leg was Domestic. The guy at the front of Fast Track just waved me through without looking at my boarding pass, and the lady who checked and scanned it had no problem letting me through for just a Domestic. Now, I was legitimate for Fast Track, but I'm not sure the CE leg was confirmed at any point - which could imply, in the case of MAN at least, the first person is the one you need to distract :-)
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyupnorth
I was about to post, thinking we were talking MAN T3, but based on the OP's location I'm assuming we're actually talking London.
It is indeed LHR T3.

I will confidently walk up to the Fast Track guarder and flash my BP and card. The worst she can do is stop me, at which point I will politely ask her to check her sheet of paper. Of course, this assumes that her sheet of paper does indeed have BA status listed. Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
This is the sign that Swanhunter referred to:

Maybe it is the different rules in different terminals that confuse BA staff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.