Wiki Posts
Search

Comair Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Comair Questions

A couple of odd questions about Comair bookings made via ba.com:

- When making a reservation, under the heading "about your flights" and "additional features", it says: "ONE piece only. Max weight 7kg. Max dimensions 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in)". Although it does not mention baggage at all, can I assume it means hand baggage and not the total baggage allowance? .

- Why, when I choose Business/Club for the flight class, do all the offered fares then say "Your requested class is not operated on the above flight. The most appropriate alternative has been displayed.", which happens to be Club?

- And then when I confirm the reservation it says (in red): "Your requested class is not available. The highest available class has been displayed", which is Club again.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Originally Posted by SteveF
A couple of odd questions about Comair bookings made via ba.com:

- When making a reservation, under the heading "about your flights" and "additional features", it says: "ONE piece only. Max weight 7kg. Max dimensions 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in)". Although it does not mention baggage at all, can I assume it means hand baggage and not the total baggage allowance? .
Yes.

- Why, when I choose Business/Club for the flight class, do all the offered fares then say "Your requested class is not operated on the above flight. The most appropriate alternative has been displayed.", which happens to be Club?

- And then when I confirm the reservation it says (in red): "Your requested class is not available. The highest available class has been displayed", which is Club again.
The entire thing seems to struggle with the difference between "Club Europe" and some other class descriptor it uses for "Club (outside) Europe". In MMB, for instance, the class shows as blank.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

I suspect that this is linked to the problem which seems to prevent Club award availability from ever being displayed for Comair flights, even when there is plenty of it.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Club on Comair is not Club World but Club Europe. The software however recognizes it as an international flight and thus expects you wanted Club World. Etc. It is the same when you book an international flight with a European connection. For the intra Europe flight it says the same.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Club on Comair is not Club World but Club Europe. The software however recognizes it as an international flight and thus expects you wanted Club World. Etc. It is the same when you book an international flight with a European connection. For the intra Europe flight it says the same.
I'm sure that any half-decent web guy could insert "if Comair=Club Europe" (or something) in the code to fix it!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I'm sure that any half-decent web guy could insert "if Comair=Club Europe" (or something) in the code to fix it!
I think it is not just BA struggling here. IATA, Amadeus, etc. I think the IF FOR THEN NEXT is not the hard part...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Ahhh, but airline reservations are not based on modern web based solutions but ancient 'legacy' systems that really are not that easy to change or adapt.

And the problem with airlines like BA is they have built all their other quite excellent web booking systems ON TOP of those ancient systems.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gumbieben
Ahhh, but airline reservations are not based on modern web based solutions but ancient 'legacy' systems that really are not that easy to change or adapt.

And the problem with airlines like BA is they have built all their other quite excellent web booking systems ON TOP of those ancient systems.
I sort of agree, but "Club" and "Club Europe" seem to be at least part of the problem here rather than the simple "business" which most other airlines use. So it may be the BA front end that's the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.