Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:45 am

I just registered to let you guys know that I stumbled on a fix for this and if you thought BA IT was incompetent before, wait till you hear this. First, some background, had the same issues as everyone. Started by calling Chase who said they couldn't do anything about it and to call BA. So called BA and of course they said to..."call Chase". I explained that I already did and that it doesn't make sense that Chase would be responsible since the CHASEBA10 code is listed on the official BA website under "exclusive cardholder offer" (couldn't post link since this is my first/only post) and the BA systems would be the one processing it. As I explained this the agent simply hung up on me (not kidding). So I filled out the complaint form on their site and explained the whole thing (including how I got hung up on by the agent). I then get a response a day later saying:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but we're unable to assist you through this email channel.

I request you to please contact your dedicated Service Centre and they'll be happy to help.
Again, this is in response to how the service center had hung up on me (I wish I was making this up). So finally reached out to their Twitter team via DM. After 2.5 hours I got a response saying they're aware of the issue and that they escalated it to their "faults team". At this point I'm thinking this entire company is a "faults team".
Anyway, so back to the fix, I've been diligently copying and pasting the CHASEBA10 code from the website above as I kept trying. But on one try, I entered the code on my own but messed up and entered BACHASE10 instead. And guess what? That freaking worked! Yes, the fix is that the code is BACHASE10 not the CHASEBA10 they have on their site. So it's likely someone from BA mistyped it either on the Website or in their backend system. I hope the right code works for you and I hope someone from BA reads this so they can understand the depth of incompetence of BA IT (not that they would do anything about it). I've been a BA customer since the early 90's and boy has this airline fallen from past heights.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Wow. Yeah just tried it. BACHASE10 works.

Unbelievable.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Great find. I tried CHASE10 last week which was one of the previous codes but with no luck. I will try BACHASE10 later on today too.

EDIT: Yes, that works for me too. I will feed that information back to Chase as well.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by golfmad
Great find. I tried CHASE10 last week which was one of the previous codes but with no luck. I will try BACHASE10 later on today too.
Looks like someone in BA IT probably had too many "doubles" while programming one night.

Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:54 am

I have an update from Chase. The new code (BACHASE10) was made live over the weekend and they will be updating all documentation and web site information to reflect this new code as soon as possible.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Why on earth would they need to change the code? It's not like it's a secret!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:11 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The page on ba.com now reflects BACHASE10 as the promo code.

I can confirm that the code worked for me this morning, stacked with the AARP discount.
golfmad likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:03 am

Code worked for me too
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:59 pm

Hello,

is there a year to date spend tracker that is viewable in the app or online towards the travel together ticket? I wanted to see if there was an easy way beyond manually adding statements together.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Both online and in the app you can use the option Plan & track > Spending & Budgeting to see various summaries of income/spend for all your Chase accounts by any given period in the last two-ish years, but definitely for year-to-date.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
Both online and in the app you can use the option Plan & track > Spending & Budgeting to see various summaries of income/spend for all your Chase accounts by any given period in the last two-ish years, but definitely for year-to-date.
I had never seen that before. That's very useful, thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:17 am

Amazing thanks so much!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:36 pm

Are redemptions more expensive for BAEC accounts based in the US vs. the UK? Or are they just converted at the FX rate?

I know that it used to be more expensive to fly ex-US for Avios flights TATL, but then RFS changed that.

However, what I'm interested in knowing is whether changing the BAEC address itself changes that at all.

Anyone able to confirm who has changed their address recently, or has access to multiple accounts to compare?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I am a US-based BAEC member and I recently did an Avios booking, LAS - NCL, which was 95,000 Avios in WTP (for two passengers) and $417.80 as the cash component. The return NCL - LAS booking was also 95,000 Avios and $660 cash component. Again, these are for two passengers. It worked out cheaper to do this is two separate one-way bookings rather than as a single return trip. Hopefully this will help with your comparison?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TKMAXX
Are redemptions more expensive for BAEC accounts based in the US vs. the UK? Or are they just converted at the FX rate?

I know that it used to be more expensive to fly ex-US for Avios flights TATL, but then RFS changed that.

However, what I'm interested in knowing is whether changing the BAEC address itself changes that at all.

Anyone able to confirm who has changed their address recently, or has access to multiple accounts to compare?
It is MUCH more expensive if you have your BAEC account registered to a US address. I have complained about it to BA, as I have a UK and US address, but if using the Chase voucher, you have to have the US address registered which results in a much much higher cash charge on the redemption.

I’d add that the one (very small) advantage of having the US addresses as the registered address is for short haul redemptions in Europe where the ‘most Avios least cash’ option is $1 vs £1…although you’d be a fool to ever select that option if you assign any $ value to your Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.