Wiki Posts
Search

Is July a bad time to visit Brazil?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
Is July a bad time to visit Brazil?

Hi all. I’ve recently booked a trip to Brazil in July and I will be visiting Rio and São Paulo. I’ve been reading online that São Paulo is quite chilly in July? Is this true? I know it’s winter but I didn’t realize it got that cold in July? Will I still be able to wear shorts and a t shirt (I’m from the UK so I’m quite used to the cold!) thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by westmidlandsguy
Hi all. I’ve recently booked a trip to Brazil in July and I will be visiting Rio and São Paulo. I’ve been reading online that São Paulo is quite chilly in July? Is this true? I know it’s winter but I didn’t realize it got that cold in July? Will I still be able to wear shorts and a t shirt (I’m from the UK so I’m quite used to the cold!) thanks!
A chilly winter day in Sao Paulo is like most summer days in London. At best you'll need long sleeves. Worst case a sweater at night. July is hit or miss: you can have amazing dry spells for weeks, or a lingering drizzle throughout your stay.
westmidlandsguy likes this.

Last edited by RafKa; Jan 19, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:13 am

I don’t understand this question. A simple google search will tell you exactly what temperatures you can reasonably expect to see each day.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Well maybe because I want to? The same could be said for any question on this forum... thanks to the other person who actually answered my question instead of being unhelpful
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by RafKa
A chilly winter day in Sao Paulo is like most summer days in London. At best you'll need long sleeves. Worst case a sweater at night. July is hit or miss: you can have amazing dry spells for weeks, or a lingering drizzle throughout your stay.
+1 I live in Philadelphia, where it is hot and humid in July. I had a conference in Belo Horizonte and we visited Sao Paulo, Rio, and Brasilia. It was a great time to go (in my opinion). No lines at Christ the Redeemer or Sugar Loaf, the beach was perfect too, though the locals thought that the 72F was a bit chilly for sun bathing. The day we had touring Sao Paulo was in the upper 60s/ low 70s, and we wore polo/ shorts and felt comfortable. Rio (in the mid 70s) was the same - shorts. Brasilia was a bit cooler, and we had sleeves and jeans.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
+1 I live in Philadelphia, where it is hot and humid in July. I had a conference in Belo Horizonte and we visited Sao Paulo, Rio, and Brasilia. It was a great time to go (in my opinion). No lines at Christ the Redeemer or Sugar Loaf, the beach was perfect too, though the locals thought that the 72F was a bit chilly for sun bathing. The day we had touring Sao Paulo was in the upper 60s/ low 70s, and we wore polo/ shorts and felt comfortable. Rio (in the mid 70s) was the same - shorts. Brasilia was a bit cooler, and we had sleeves and jeans.
Great! Thank you for the help. It sounds very pleasant and I won’t be sweating buckets.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
It will be like Solihull in the summer....
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by westmidlandsguy
Chilly in Brazil generally means that a tourist might want to carry a light sweater if going up to the heights (the Cristo) or at night, to wear over shorts, a T-shirt and sandals.
Usually wonderful weather for seeing the sights in Rio.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malagajohn
It will be like Solihull in the summer....
Haha! That made me laugh! Thanks
malagajohn likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Chilly in Brazil generally means that a tourist might want to carry a light sweater if going up to the heights (the Cristo) or at night, to wear over shorts, a T-shirt and sandals.
Usually wonderful weather for seeing the sights in Rio.
Sounds like I picked a good time to visit! Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
I first visited SP around the July and August period (from the UK) and found it a little cool, mainly because I had the perception that no matter when you visit it is hot. This is not entirely the case, especially in SP.. SP can get cool but it is not so extreme that you will need more than a light jacket / sweater but I would have found it cold in shorts and t-shirt.

I would say it is probably like London in October time - cool start to the day, warms up and then gets cool again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.