Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Rio "mini do" anyone ?

Rio "mini do" anyone ?

Old May 19, 18, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
Rio "mini do" anyone ?

I'm in Rio again from June 5-14.......anyone up for some drinks and dinner or whatever ?

I live in Copacabana but am also staying in Barra at a beachfront hotel for 3 days.
Old May 21, 18, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I'd be up for it (especially if in Copa/Ipanema), but a word of warning: last time I tried to organize something I was met with the sound of tumbleweed!
Old May 21, 18, 6:35 pm

Is that like the sound of one hand clapping?
Old May 21, 18, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

OK........I am only staying in a Barra hotel so we don't have to sleep at my in-laws condo which is in Barra. Going there for my nephews 10 yearl birthday party and my wife needs to help organize and decorate, etc.

Getting together for drinks, etc, in Copacabana or Ipanema is no problem and my preference anyways. With "Le Seca" Uber is the way to go. I'll post here before I go and we'll take it from there.
Old Jun 6, 18, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Rafka.......

OK I'm here again, so next week (Mon - Wed) works best for me. Gotta get the family stuff out of the way first.

Shoot me a PM if you want to meet and suggest a place in Copa or Ipanema.
Old Jun 10, 18, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else in Rio up for drinks on TUE around 730......? Location in Zona Sul TBA.......but Copa/Ipanema for sure.

Raf and I have been in contact already.

I'm buying so don't be shy........must be an FT'er though.

Last edited by KDS777; Jun 10, 18 at 4:04 pm
Old Jun 11, 18, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Gents,

The Mrs. is really good about cutting me loose whenever I want to meet up with the boys for cocktails but Tuesday is Valentines Day here. See you next time.
Old Jun 11, 18, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm married to a Carioca and she might be coming with me.

Ta mais I guess !!

Last edited by KDS777; Jun 11, 18 at 5:44 pm
Old Jun 11, 18, 8:18 pm

Looking forward to a nice photo and putting faces to names...
Old Jun 13, 18, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Well, we had the first official Rio de Janeiro FT "do" last night at restaurante "O Caranguejo" here in Copacabana.

Sometimes great things start out small, and Raf and I had great drinks and good food last night, as well as a very enjoyable conversation in the balmy 30 degree celcius evening heat of the cidade maravilhosa.

I'm flying back tomorrow and won't be here again for a few months, so, we'll try for 50-100% attendance growth with the next one !!
Old Jun 13, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KDS777 View Post
Well, we had the first official Rio de Janeiro FT "do" last night at restaurante "O Caranguejo" here in Copacabana.

Sometimes great things start out small, and Raf and I had great drinks and good food last night, as well as a very enjoyable conversation in the balmy 30 degree celcius evening heat of the cidade maravilhosa.

I'm flying back tomorrow and won't be here again for a few months, so, we'll try for 50-100% attendance growth with the next one !!
I second that: it was very successful for a 1st FT-do.

Looking forward to the next one, by which point we may have to apply capacity control policies!

Search this Thread