Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Travel buddy to Rio? June 29 - july 10

Old Jun 13, 18, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Hi, I'm a 30 year old female traveling solo to Rio from june 29 - july 10th. I'm interested in meeting up with fellow travelers to see the sights with (preferably female). I have done 4 solo trips and have to admit I'm a little nervous about this one after reading the stories. I would definitely feel better with a travel buddy, so please message if you're around and interested.
Old Jun 13, 18, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
Try posting on the LP Thorntree forum.......Brasil section.........if you haven't already done so as well.
Old Jun 13, 18, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by sitinpretty View Post
Hi, I'm a 30 year old female traveling solo to Rio from june 29 - july 10th. I'm interested in meeting up with fellow travelers to see the sights with (preferably female). I have done 4 solo trips and have to admit I'm a little nervous about this one after reading the stories. I would definitely feel better with a travel buddy, so please message if you're around and interested.
I've been traveling around Brazil as a solo female, including in Rio, for extended visits over about 20 years and have never had a problem. You may get a few more local guys looking at you than I do these days, but there is really little reason to be nervous. People post "stories" when they have had a problem, whether due to their own poor planning or some bad luck; few people post to say they've had a trouble free time, but they are in the majority. Obviously, don't flaunt your relative wealth and high end possessions in front of local people during this extreme financial crisis that has been hard on most all Brazilians. If you want to make new foreign friends to see the sights with, stay in a hostel; many have private rooms as well as dorms. "The sights", particularly the ticketed heights of the Cristo and Sugarloaf, are quite safe. With the time you have, you may want to think about a few days' trip to Ilha Grande and/or Paraty, both of which are pretty tranquil, or Buzios.

Search this Thread