Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
GRU Connection Question

Hi,

I'm thinking of flying:

JJ3558 IGU-GRU
Arrives T2 14:35
Departs T3 16:25
BA0246 GRU-LHR

Two separate bookings, GRU-LHR is fully-flex so not the end of the world if I miss it and I know it's not protected and potentially highly risky. For reasons out of scope of this I can't check bags through (not sure if this possible anyway but hey) so will need to pick up bags and re-check landside.

Could anyone help me with the following questions?
- What's the official MCT for GRU T2>T3 (I know this doesn't apply in this case, just out of interest)
- Does anyone have any experience of baggage delivery at T2, is it within a reasonable amount of time?
- Does anyone know how long it takes to physically walk/transfer between T2 arrivals and T3 departures - are they adjacent or a long way away?
- Long shot but does anyone have any anecdotal info on the reliability of this flight/terminal/arrivals in particular?

Again I know it's not protected but I want to get a rough idea of the risk as if there's a 75% chance of making the connection I'll probably risk it

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 8, 16, 7:37 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
This will likely work, barring a late incoming flight or unduly long delays with baggage delivery.

BAs stated MCT is one hour: https://naprepin.custhelp.com/app/an...rulhos-airport.

Walking or taking the bus will take an able-bodied individual around ten minutes. I do the walk from the very end of T2 to the AA end of T3 with bags and a dog in about that time. There's a few curbs to climb, so if possible avoid using a baggage cart.
Most of the time, walking is actually quicker than taking the inter-terminal bus. Just not in a downpour...

Only issue I can see: You might find you're unable to drop your bags in case you arrive at the desk with less than 61 minutes to spare as the agents manning the check-in counters have a tendency to abandon the desks at T-60. Happened to me once.
Old Mar 8, 16, 5:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
It's enough time if everything goes on time. You can (should be able to) check punctuality statistics for the incoming flight when you book on TAM's site (click on the flight number or something)

Search this Thread