Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Best way from the copacabana to "Pedra do telegrafo"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I`ll be in Rio de Janeiro at the end of march and was wondering, what`s the best way to get to the cliff of "Pedra do telegrafo" ?

Rental car or Taxi from the Copacabana ?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:58 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Pedra do Telégrafo is far away from Copacabana. A Taxi trip would be very, very expensive.

You could try the BRT to Guaratiba and try to hail a Taxi there, but:

1. It is a complex itinerary with multiple transfers (at least Copacabana to BRT Barra, then BRT to Guaratiba)
2. I Also don't know about the avaiability of Taxis at Guaratiba; that area is mostly a poor neighborhood, some Taxi drivers probably live there, but I don't believe that there is a local demand (and avaiability) for taxis there.
3. And there is also the question of how would you be back to Copacabana
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:09 pm

Here's some fairly detailed info, with photos to illustrate, and bus info (in Portuguese):
http://www.viagenseclicks.com.br/destinos/rio-de-janeiro/pedra-do-telegrafo/
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:58 am

Whichever way you get there, Pedra do Telegrafo looks amazing (on google, I never heard of it) and well worth the trip. Another unspoiled beach that may be of interest to you is Praia do Sono, check it out!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:25 pm

Did you get there?

Hi,

I am in Rio at the Moment and saw some pictures of this Spot. I would LOVE to get there, did you succeed? Do You have any hints for me?

Cheers, Michael

PS: just saw you wrote "end of March", so you didn't get there by now.... Nur do You have any further Information?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:45 pm

Found a way by Bus

Hey...

I found a way to get there, but it seems a Little bit complicated if you don't speak Portuguese or at least spanish, because nearly Nobody speaks English in Brazil, so it's sometimes hard to get answers and information...

So, here's the Link to the way by Bus:

https://wheredoyouthinkimfrom.wordpr...elegrafo-rock/

We are in rio from 23.-26. of March again, so if you wanna join us... We think about going there by Taxi!

Cheers, Michael

Last edited by micha0304; Mar 14, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reason: Misspelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.