Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brazil World Cup 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
thanks for the heads up! I got LGA-DFW-GIG on July 10th, need to be in BSB for the Loser's Final (3rd place game) but no saver has opened up to BSB... I can always spend half a day in Rio... and yes, I'll be the guy in an Argentina jersey on the flights and in the stadium...
it just got better, JFK-GIG opened up on the 10th, so was able to change to the non-stop (get $2.50 refunded) and no need to take half a day off from work! 9:30 PM departure, 8:35 AM arrival... Flagship access and then a nice MCE seat to sleep down to Rio!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by spainlover
I'm with red5standingby1 -- I'd been searching for a one-way connecting Fortaleza to Sao Paulo so I could get my flight back GRU-JFK. Prices had been consistently up around $500++.
Then one day there was a promotion on Gol, and I got it for $150, including a fee I chose to pay to pick a certain seat. Keep checking for specials!
Nice!!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Massive Award Opening on AA.com and Azul intra-Brazil Flights, too

Go to AA.com and check it out. There is a lot of availability in coach from NYC, CLT, PHL, MIA, DFW, and LAX to both GRU and GIG. Also plenty of availability on Azul inside Brazil searchable and bookable on United. Screenshots and more info in my blog.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Rio games

I will be attending 3 games in Rio,
Argentina VS Bosnia
Spain VS Chile
Belgium VS Russia

anyone else staying in Rio ?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LADELTA777
I will be attending 3 games in Rio,
Argentina VS Bosnia
Spain VS Chile
Belgium VS Russia

anyone else staying in Rio ?
Yes, for the first two.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
I will be there also for Spain and Belgium games.

Maybe a DO? I opened this topic :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazi...ld-cup-do.html

Where will you stay?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:11 pm

Can someone recommend where to stay in Fortaleza and Manaus during World Cup? Hotel prices are ridiculously high.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by erikarod
Can someone recommend where to stay in Fortaleza and Manaus during World Cup? Hotel prices are ridiculously high.
It's World Cup. Only logical that prices are ridiculously high, same theory of supply and demand that prevails at Carnaval and Reveillon in popular destinations in Brazil, only more so.
Also realize that only a small fraction of properties may even have an online presence, let alone a site in English.
Try www.aluguetemporada.com.br to rent a furnished apartment, or AirBnB to rent a room or apartment, or a youth hostel bunk bed.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by erikarod
I have hotel rooms reserved on days of games in Manaus in Holiday Inn. If you are interested, PM me. Normal prices.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:42 am

local transportation in sao Paulo airport to stadium

Any one know how to get around Sao Paulo? I am staying with with family by Sao Paulo airport, there is where I could find hotel with reward points. I need to figure out how to get to the stadium
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:37 am

If you are staying with relatives who live near the airport, they might know best how to advise you on multiple bus routes.
If you mean that you and your family will be in a hotel.......
The international airport is roughly to the north of the city, about an hour under best conditions. The stadium us about 18 km to the east.
There is a shuttle bus from the airport into the area of the city where you can access the metro. The stadium is on Line 3 , Corinthians stop.
Otherwise, taxi. Afaik.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:11 pm

Tickets for Brazil-cameroon & Portugal-Ghana

i am looking for two tickets for the June 23 Brazil-Cameroon and June 26 Portugal-Ghana for my son and I to attend.

Thanks.

Carlos
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:08 am

Thanks for the info on travel, staying with the family in the hotel.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:11 am

Tickets: 8 tickets to USA vs GHANA

Have 8 tickets to USA vs GHANA match on 4-16-14 will not be able to go to that city, if interested let me know
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:33 pm

"That city" being Natal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.