Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Is BD following BA with 2 2 seating in Domestic C?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:44 am
db7
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,

Just booking a business return BHD-LHR in August and noticed that seating plan for both parts of trip was A..C D..F no middle seat on left side.

Are BD following BA example and not converting seats?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by db7
Just booking a business return BHD-LHR in August and noticed that seating plan for both parts of trip was A..C D..F no middle seat on left side.

Are BD following BA example and not converting seats?
Probably not. More than likely it's a mid haul config plane currently allocated to that route with only 2x2 seating arrangement in place.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:05 am
db7
Original Poster

Didn't think they allocated aircraft 2 months ahead
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:15 pm

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
All C class planes have A C D F, the short haulers have an E seat as well so perhaps they're just loading the mid haul config to hedge their bets and can fill in E seats if required.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
BD11 (GLA-LHR) was listed today as 2-2 for C class on an A319.

Once on board we noticed it was a one cabin config, no curtain even - there was an announcement that C class would be served the normal 'meal', so I assume it existed
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by o0herbie
BD11 (GLA-LHR) was listed today as 2-2 for C class on an A319.

Once on board we noticed it was a one cabin config, no curtain even - there was an announcement that C class would be served the normal 'meal', so I assume it existed
Seen that on the BHD quite a few times, makes me question even more why BD still bother with C on their shorthaul routes.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I've seen this for more than a year on some of the A319s. It's Y seating throughout and no curtain fitted. Another indicator that BD no longer know what they are selling so it's even more hazardous knowing what you are buying!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: not a lot
My EDI-LHR jaunt earlier in the week (on the refurbished for the worst MIDY) only had 1/3rd of the curtains in place. The curtains in front the seats were missing so only the 'door' was in place.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
Seen that on the BHD quite a few times, makes me question even more why BD still bother with C on their shorthaul routes.
It makes sense as feeder for other airlines. Try booking long hail C class with KL from DUB and you end up with a rancid EI codeshare in an all Y class configuration. Don't want the same on a BD feeder to LHR and onwards.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
It could be a safety catch-all in case they decide to put on a mid-haul plane. I've seen 2-2 at check-in, and was then disappointed when boarding a regular 2-3 short-haul plane. (BTW: this was not on a domestic route, but the principle shouldn't be any different)
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:56 am
db7
Original Poster

I would be most annoyed if as a couple we choose D & F thinking E was blocked only to fidn someone in E.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 4:20 am

The business class load on BHD-LHR and vv is normally not high enough for the E seats to filled, unless you are on very peak time flights. The only time I've seen C class full to the gills have been times when I've been op-uped from Y, normally due to an earlier cancellation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.