Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2009)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by simonsmith
2xSQ C class awards booked some time ago; SQ319 747 march 2009; just had a text from SQ the 747 SQ319 has been cancelled and we are now on SQ321 A380; Have all 747s gone?
I have 2xF on SQ319 in April

Having read your post, I tried to look up my booking on SQ site - the page is down ! Also, not able to do a dummy booking or view the online timetable. I wonder if they are doing a schedule change and removing the SQ319 completely ?

Edited: all seems to be back to normal, although availability of revenue seats on my flight has gone from wide-open to F1

Last edited by JeffBHD; Jan 6, 2009 at 5:42 am Reason: updated with latest info
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by JeffBHD

Having read your post, I tried to look up my booking on SQ site - the page is down ! Also, not able to do a dummy booking or view the online timetable. I wonder if they are doing a schedule change and removing the SQ319 completely ?
Due to light loads, 308/319 has been cancelled on selected weekdays (typically Mon, Tue, Wed or Thur) in Jan/Feb, and it looks like Mar too now. And the lucky passengers have been moved to one or other of the A380 flights (incl. F -> Suites!). However, no word on whether this extends to April yet

Re: looking up your booking. Remember the SQ booking reference is different from the bmi/Amadeus reference, so you might need to call SQ to find out what the relevant locator for your booking is
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kt74
Re: looking up your booking. Remember the SQ booking reference is different from the bmi/Amadeus reference, so you might need to call SQ to find out what the relevant locator for your booking is
Fortunately CMT also gives the SQ locator, so no issue there, thanks. It's now all working again anyway !
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Happy Days in Dublin!
Just wanted to confirm that after all the hassle as mentioned upthread, it was a quick 11 minute call (from Pune ICC to my place) and I have the following J redemption:

SIN-SYD-AKL-PPT
On the requested dates, all in J except the final sector, which was unavailable.
All for the standard Z7-Z9 cost of 18,750 M + cash + tax.

I was originally charged incorrrectly (Z9-Z ea9 11,250m + 75GBP) but the agent called back asking for me to approve the full correct charge of 18,750 + ~125GBP tax + charges. All up just over 200GBP + miles. Pretty happy with that, though it would have been nice if they had left the booking as incorrectly charged. Oh well, I'm happy!

In the end there was no problem having a long 9mth break between sectors.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Operator4: Yes sir , I have "reserved" the F seat for you but you need to phone back in 1hr to pay the taxes!!!

Why the hell do I have to wait 1 hr? Did everything instantly on original booking so why the wait for a change? Very nervous as to whether the F seat is mine or not now.
Anyone had similar for SQ change?
They need to re-load the taxes as the ticket needs to be reissued. Your seat will be safe as long as it's showing up fine on the SQ website / CMT. Make sure they reissue the ticket correctly - you can phone SQ and ask them to check the E-ticket record and make sure it matches the PNR.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by stargold
They need to re-load the taxes as the ticket needs to be reissued. Your seat will be safe as long as it's showing up fine on the SQ website / CMT. Make sure they reissue the ticket correctly - you can phone SQ and ask them to check the E-ticket record and make sure it matches the PNR.
Thanks. I phoned back and paid the extra £90 tax. All seems to have been updated on CMT and on SQ website. Just sent an email to SQ to request seat. ^ If its all still ok in 3days time, i'll rest well.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by kt74
Due to light loads, 308/319 has been cancelled on selected weekdays (typically Mon, Tue, Wed or Thur) in Jan/Feb, and it looks like Mar too now. And the lucky passengers have been moved to one or other of the A380 flights (incl. F -> Suites!). However, no word on whether this extends to April yet

Also brief discussion on this in posts #1750-59 in the 2008 Redemption thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...008-a-117.html
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Thanks. I phoned back and paid the extra £90 tax. All seems to have been updated on CMT and on SQ website. Just sent an email to SQ to request seat. ^ If its all still ok in 3days time, i'll rest well.
Wow, that's a big difference. Did you book your original ticket a long time ago when fuel surcharge was lower? Can't see how it would change that much for a simple upgrade on the same flight unless you were moving from Y to F out of the UK.

Also make sure the ticket is re-issued within 24 hours or you could find your new F class booking vanish.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
If you booked say, last summer, the crappy exchange rate could easily account for a reasonable chunk of the increase, especially if SQ charge YQ in USD.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Wow, that's a big difference. Did you book your original ticket a long time ago when fuel surcharge was lower? Can't see how it would change that much for a simple upgrade on the same flight unless you were moving from Y to F out of the UK.

Also make sure the ticket is re-issued within 24 hours or you could find your new F class booking vanish.
Originally booked into J in October, on oneway SIN-LHR. TBH I didnt really care what the tax difference was, I just wanted the ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ARN-SK-ORD-UA-DTW in C ADT+INF for 18750points plus 284 GBP (C&M with taxes). DC insists it should be a paper ticket because of the infant. First they offered to send it to sweden, now they insist to send it to my address in the US
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
NRT-SIN in J one-way, on Air Nippon. 11,250 miles plus £75 cash plus £90 taxes. OUTSTANDING value considering a) its a 7 hour flight, b) I'd need to use 40,000 BA Miles for a similar flight on JAL and c) even if I'd bought the miles via the website, I'd still have got the flight for under £300 compared to the ludicrous cash price!

I know the ANA seats are not flat-bed but its a day flight so I'll survive. Seating seems to be 2-1-2 so I'll get a solo seat.

I delayed booking this until 2009 as the ANA website said they were reducing fuel surcharges for flights ticketed after Jan 1st, but I've no idea how much I saved. Booked in world record time via the ICC!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by JeffBHD

Edited: all seems to be back to normal, although availability of revenue seats on my flight has gone from wide-open to F1
FYI I checked my SQ319 for this week (albeit J) and it is still flying according to the SQ site for January 8... less than 48hrs before boarding, though I've registered for SMS updates, just in case.

Thanks for the information!

[This was the great redemption last month for BCN-FRA-LHR-SIN!]
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by oliver2002
ARN-SK-ORD-UA-DTW in C ADT+INF for 18750points plus 284 GBP (C&M with taxes). DC insists it should be a paper ticket because of the infant. First they offered to send it to sweden, now they insist to send it to my address in the US
Why are they insisting on paper tix for the infant? Is it because of UA?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I was pretty sure that paper tix for infants had now been done away with... am I wrong, or is this just ICC snafu at play?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.