Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Have you had your BMI Xmas Dinner yet??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you had your BMI Xmas Dinner yet??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Bottom right?
How did he manage to get it there?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Spare a thought for old 20-Nag, suffering the usually packed to bursting point LHR-AMS-LHR.....

Which is, of course, one class and therefore I have no chance of a turkey dinner and a gold wrapped bunny/reindeer at 24000 feet.

I will be hard pressed to get a coffee and a kit kat I suspect on the run home tomorrow on the 102. I speculate that there may not even be a festive complimentary mince pie in the offing, however, I hope I am wrong.

I shall just have to make do with the one I scoffed before 07.30 in the lounge at LHR on Tuesday.

I shall console myself with the new Privium lounge at AMS - which is fantastic (I keep expecting Ed Straker to wander in, and the female staff uniforms are straight out of UFO as well - anyone remember that?). I wholly recommend the lounge, the food is splendid, especially the soups and the experience is sublime, shag pile carpet, living flame fire and comfy seats and that is just in one of the areas. I want to move in (with one of the ladies in the very alluring 70s TV show uniforms). Sadly, no mince pies, christmas pud or turkey, however, if that turns out to be incorrect when I wander in tomorrow, I shall report my misinformation with glee in the forum.

If you haven't tried the Privium lounge, assuming you suffer the AMS run regularly and have Privium (plus for lounge access), then I strongly recommend that you give it a go.

And, Privium is so good (there is a special one just for the lounge now!) that it makes me weep every time I try and use IRIS.

Best wishes

A not very festive yet 20-Horse
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
four minutes in the Microwave
a k a "prick 'n ping"

I've an early afternoon flight coming up, wonder if they'll serve it for Xmas lunch too ?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I've an early afternoon flight coming up, wonder if they'll serve it for Xmas lunch too ?
Answer : No. same old cheese 'n pickle or chicken sarnies
But at least we had the little Lindt reindeer. ^
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sven60035
Since when are you flying BD? Was all LX booked out?

I agree that this would look better if they would serve it on some sort of china / porcelain rather than in the plastic.

But I'm sure next year everything will be better when LH takes over.
Haha no Ive taken a breather from Swiss , I was getting too addicted to the chocs !!

BMI brought me back to reality

Then they go ruin it all and offer Lindt Raindeers

The Cranburry Sauce was hiding under the top right hugging the gravy but was still nice.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
got offered it on the LHR-BHD on tues night too, with the Thai curry as the alternative. But had already done the chilli con carne and a few pakoras etc in the *A lounge so not too bothered.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:58 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
I had mine on Thursday night's 131 to DUB, on a mid hauler too (MEDK I think). Tasty enough but the presentation is completely sub par, I connected through from ZRH in J and their smoked salmon cold dish was actually a shame to eat since it looked so well on the plate. That's one thing LH can't change quick enough IMHO- decent business class service and the end of the 'meal deal' nonsense.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
four minutes in the Microwave*.
Or 2 minutes in the APU on the turnaround
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BHDBOY
I had mine on Thursday night's 131 to DUB, on a mid hauler too (MEDK I think). Tasty enough but the presentation is completely sub par, I connected through from ZRH in J and their smoked salmon cold dish was actually a shame to eat since it looked so well on the plate. That's one thing LH can't change quick enough IMHO- decent business class service and the end of the 'meal deal' nonsense.
Cant beat the Swiss meals. Even their mini J meals ( cold ) are lovely as you say.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Cant beat the Swiss meals. Even their mini J meals ( cold ) are lovely as you say.
Actually we had a decent meal on Lufty last weekend BHX-MUC. We had a nice chunk of smoked salmon, some potato salad and lots of other bits & bobs. Junior got first dibs on a ham sandwich from the Y trolley and loved it.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Actually we had a decent meal on Lufty last weekend BHX-MUC. We had a nice chunk of smoked salmon, some potato salad and lots of other bits & bobs. Junior got first dibs on a ham sandwich from the Y trolley and loved it.
Thats good to know. I did DUB-FRA-DUB in J class last Spring and was very dissapointed with the offerings.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:56 pm

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Sounds kinda like what I had on an LH DUB-FRA recently, mine had a vegetable terrine thing as well as the salmon. Still, would rather have had the LX version though, I find the thin slices of salmon nicer than the chunk!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Yes, I had both last week in LH C as well - yum! ^
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:51 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Yes, I had both last week in LH C as well - yum! ^
I thought, you were sleeping on the plane !!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I'd just like to say I'm jealous of you all. Sadly my only BD flight is on ORD-MAN later in the week and the ex-ORD catering in Y/PE is usually rather grim. I suspect they use the same folks as UA, which would explain a lot.

If we are lucky, we may get a whiff of the Xmas dinner loving prepared on-board from the J cabin somewhere down the back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.