Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thanks! So it's a visit to the arrival lounge at T1, indulging in whatever they have to offer, then stroll over to T3 and check out the Servisair lounge combined with somes shopping ^

NB - I wouldn't exactly describe AMM-LHR as "overnight" as in "Business Class and Star Alliance Gold passengers arriving on overnight BMI British Midland International (BD) flights from African, Asian, Eastern European and Middle Eastern origins " with the flight leaving 8:25 am but what the hack
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:23 am

ADD-AMM-LHR

Ah, but it comes in from Addis Ababa, so I think you'll be OK

BD 914 duration 10:50 | Note: includes 1 technical stop(s)
Dep: 01:10 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia | Bole Intl ADD
Arr: 10:00 London, United Kingdom | Heathrow LHR
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by aled27
Im a BMI Gold travelling from Las Vegas to Manchester and then straight onto Heathrow, arriving about 10am. I gather from the rules that you have to be on a mid haul flight or Saudi flight for entry, however my flight is technically long haul on one booking reference. If i present my boarding passess for both flights will I be allowed entry? What exactly does 'by invitiation only' mean - is it a case of a voucher is handed out by the crew on the relevant flight?

Cheers
A
the idea of an arrivals lounge is to give you somewhere to shower and have a snack before you go on to work the rest of the day without access to a hotel until the end of the day. Obviously the concept was originally aimed at businessmen. So of course they all close "late midday" lunchtime kind of time, as not much of day is left to work after that and hotels usually allow checkin from at latest 3pm. This logic might be why only single access of the actual cardholder permitted. Also if there are two of you why would you be so cheap as not to get a day room or an early checkin at the hotel? My usage of arrivals lounges where I can find them, is mostly personal. I'm very grateful for the arrivals lounges I use but I respect this logic.

Oh, PS, the assumption with an arrivals lounge seems to be pretty much that unlike regular lounges, they are for people who do not have an onward flight i.e. they are arriving and staying at the destination. If you have an onward flight do you not have access to the normal lounge? or is there something peculiar changing your lounge access in MAN, due to the fact that your onward flight which would normally set your access to lounge, is a domestic one.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR*G
Ah, but it comes in from Addis Ababa, so I think you'll be OK

BD 914 duration 10:50 | Note: includes 1 technical stop(s)
Dep: 01:10 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia | Bole Intl ADD
Arr: 10:00 London, United Kingdom | Heathrow LHR
But I'm on BD 912, arriving 12:20. Well. we'll see
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:16 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
But I'm on BD 912, arriving 12:20. Well. we'll see
Absolutely fine, I'm a frequent flyer on BD912 and use it all the time. Nothing like a cooked breakfast, to order, waiting for you when you come out the shower, refreshed, at a glorious 1pm!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Absolutely fine, I'm a frequent flyer on BD912 and use it all the time. Nothing like a cooked breakfast, to order, waiting for you when you come out the shower, refreshed, at a glorious 1pm!
Thanks for all guiding to this excellent lounge.

Arrived at 12:30 (they close at 2 pm) no crowds, only one couple. Very friendly waitress, even saying "if you want any of these we'll make you fresh, these might be a bit dry" pointing at the cheese croissants et co.

Good brekafast (they seem to make anything you ask them as long as they have the materials) read the mornign papers than off to T3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.