Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?

Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

for int`l arriving pax?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
welcome to the bmi board, travel agent.

There is a new Star Alliance arrivals lounge, as detailed on the bmi website and also there are some threads on the board you could search for.

Access is limited :

Star Alliance lounge
- terminal 1, outside customs hall on main level

On the day access by invitation only for customers flying into Heathrow on bmi arrivals from Eastern Europe, Middle East (inc Saudi Arabia), Africa, Asia (open 0530-1430).

bmi business class passengers – no guest
Diamond Club gold card members – no guest
Star Alliance gold card members – no guest
Old Nov 4, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does this lounge offer any sleeping area ?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
why is no guest allowed?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by travel agent
why is no guest allowed?
I'm guessing due to its size.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
No sleeping.
Showers, Breakfast (included limited selection of cooked items on request), baggage storage (I've got a bicycle in there before)..., Combined Comfy seating area and Tabled Seating Area. Seating area overlooks the check-in desks.
Apparently it gets busy during the week; on the weekends it feels like a personal lounge with the whole place to yourself.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:05 pm
Lux

They're clearing away the food a good hour before the lounge closes but the generally friendly staff have made me toast and coffee in those circumstances. I have been there when it's been super-busy, and been there when I've been the only guest.

But have felt a bit unwelcome when trying to get in from a United (urgh) overnight transatlantic. A restrictive access policy even when in J.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: BMI Gold, BA Blue, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
LHR T1 Star Arrivals Lounge

Im a BMI Gold travelling from Las Vegas to Manchester and then straight onto Heathrow, arriving about 10am. I gather from the rules that you have to be on a mid haul flight or Saudi flight for entry, however my flight is technically long haul on one booking reference. If i present my boarding passess for both flights will I be allowed entry? What exactly does 'by invitiation only' mean - is it a case of a voucher is handed out by the crew on the relevant flight?

Cheers
A
Old Feb 8, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat
Aled - they should print out an invitation for you with your boarding card when you check in. Don't board without this as you need to present this on arrival in the lounge.

It may be important to mention that you leave T1 departures as you normally would, then go back up from the public area in the lifts to the Star Alliance Arrival lounge - it is signed.

As has been stated already, you show the invitation and they stow your baggage and assign you a nice little shower suite. The staff seem to rotate from the new T1 *A 1st class lounge, and are very helpful. Breakfast is fine - limited range of hot items and you need to leave a little time for these to be cooked.

I fully recommend it - my daughter and I used it last month after an overnight UA from DC. We were on Business redemptions and never had to show *G. It opens around 5am - useful as our flight arrived a tad early.

Last edited by Mike Larvin; Feb 8, 2009 at 3:00 pm
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I under the impression that this isn't really a Star Alliance Arrivals Lounge - only a BD arrivals lounge.

Isn't access only offered from BD mid- and long-haul flights?

I'm in the process of booking a BKK-???-LHR flight, and will need a shower on arrival. At the moment, it looks like my options are either
a) Go LH via FRA and use the showers in the SEN lounge there
b) Go LX via ZRH and use the showers in the LX arrivals lounge there
c) Try and work out a ??? destination that is BD mid- or long-haul! Suggestions welcome...

Bit silly really, that I have to do a stopover in Europe if I want to have a shower before arriving in London.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Wirelessly posted (HTC_S730 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

The rules posted above seem to say not, but just to be sure:

Is the LHR/T1 *A arrivals lounge available to *Gold arriving on a UA flight into LHR travelling in (a) economy or (b) business?

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by manord
Wirelessly posted (HTC_S730 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

The rules posted above seem to say not, but just to be sure:

Is the LHR/T1 *A arrivals lounge available to *Gold arriving on a UA flight into LHR travelling in (a) economy or (b) business?

Thanks
The arrivals lounge is not a *G lounge. To be honest, I am unaware of any *A arrivals lounge that is/was a designated *G lounge.

Originally Posted by http://www.loungeguide.net
Access: Business, bmi Gold Diamond Club passengers arriving on bmi (BD) flights from African, Asian, Eastern European, Middle Eastern origins; business, first class passengers from all South African (SA) and United (UA) arrivals. Star Alliance Gold customers on economy fares are not eligible regardless of airline. First and business passengers from other carriers are not eligible for entry
Therefore, a) no, b) yes.

Last edited by TEX277; Jul 4, 2009 at 3:27 pm Reason: loungeguide quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 9:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I under the impression that this isn't really a Star Alliance Arrivals Lounge - only a BD arrivals lounge.

Isn't access only offered from BD mid- and long-haul flights?

I'm in the process of booking a BKK-???-LHR flight, and will need a shower on arrival. At the moment, it looks like my options are either
a) Go LH via FRA and use the showers in the SEN lounge there
b) Go LX via ZRH and use the showers in the LX arrivals lounge there
c) Try and work out a ??? destination that is BD mid- or long-haul! Suggestions welcome...

Bit silly really, that I have to do a stopover in Europe if I want to have a shower before arriving in London.
I think it's a *A lounge used by certain carriers, i.e. BD, UA and SA.

If opting for a) you can use the Welcome Lounge in FRA. Problem with c) is BD mid- and "long"-haul flights are not convenient as connecting flights from places such as BKK. I'm not sure if it's worth devising a convoluted itinerary for the sake of a shower on arrival. If you are desperate I believe there are showers in T4 Arrivals.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by manord
Originally Posted by TEX277
Therefore, a) no, b) yes.
However, arriving UA pax in upgraded or discounted business are not eligible. Full rules may be found in this post.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
However, arriving UA pax in upgraded or discounted business are not eligible. Full rules may be found in this post.
I was granted access to the arrivals lounge arriving in UA upgraded C in June. I didn't remember the rules and first thing I asked is whether upgraded C has access, was told sure, welcome (i.e. I didn't play dumb). Probably a case of the agent ignoring the rules rather than a change in policy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.