Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

No destination miles for flying in business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No destination miles for flying in business class?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Unhappy No destination miles for flying in business class?

Since becoming a member of Diamond club, my account has been a mess. My first flight was with Thai Air, and was not reported. When I called to asked what to do, I was asked to wait up to 3 months.

My second flight was the inaugural flight on the SQ A380 to Singapore. 6761 miles each way = 13522. An upgrade to Blue plus should give an adjustment of 13522 - 3000 = 10522, but the adjustment was only 3761 miles. I called and emailed customer support and got nowhere. Telephone support couldn't understand the problem and there was no answer to my email.

When I finally sent in the missing miles claim. The account had 0 destination miles in the business class adjustment. Customer support claims that this is due to the flight being flown before I was upgraded to Blue Plus. Can that be correct?

Finally, the 2400 miles for the business class adjustment was not included in the total for the status miles.

It is a long distance call each time I have to get a hold of customer support, and the wait time has never been less than 20 minutes. Is there some email address somewhere for customer support that will answer their emails?

I should be a silver member if all points were counted correctly.

Last edited by gakke; Aug 14, 2008 at 7:58 am
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Dear Gakke. I am a relatively newbie to DC. But my experience is that everything gets credited back manually after proper efforts on both sides. Is it frustrating? yes! But should you get all excited about it? Not worth it. So just be cool and kind with the BD staff. TG staff seem to have serious problem in correctly inputing BD FFP number (should be BD"number"); it is their mistake, not BD's. Once Diamond Club missed the TG flight, the remaining sequence of your story is automatic. I am sure that other posters here will give you indications on the person to contact to do the manual adjustment.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
So just be cool and kind with the BD staff.
Being a maths teacher in an earlier life was my first lesson in patience. Microsoft and children were the direct cause of my achieving a Masters Degree in Patience.

In this case it is just simple math, like what I taught to 9-10 year old students. Is DC that hopeless?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by gakke

In this case it is just simple math, like what I taught to 9-10 year old students. Is DC that hopeless?
I'm not 9-10 years old, but surely 6761 - 3000 = 3761. So the blue plus adjustment at least was correct... and the second A380 segment 6761 flown next should count towards silver.

Sure, TG have some problems crediting to bmi sometimes - just mail in the boarding passes using the form on the bmi website. And there was an ongoing problem with SQ crediting at 1.5x business class multiplyer, which an e-mail or PM to the diamond club lurker here on flyertalk will sort out.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewardo
... and the second A380 segment 6761 flown next should count towards silver.
Yes, except it's not there. The adjustment was credited after the second segment. So I guess in DC thoughts, it's the first segment points that are missing .
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Have you looked at the contact information provided in the Master Sticky? It has some useful contact info that will save your phone bill

It's at the top of the forum, in the thread marked "READ THIS FIRST"...
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Have you looked at the contact information provided in the Master Sticky? It has some useful contact info that will save your phone bill

It's at the top of the forum, in the thread marked "READ THIS FIRST"...
Have you read the information in the thread? If you can find anything else than this link UK Contact information for bmi reservations, diamond club, customer relations... which is the only information I could find, I'd appreciate it.

Actually, it would be helpful if someone can tell me who the bmi lurker mentioned in an earlier post is.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Actually, it would be helpful if someone can tell me who the bmi lurker mentioned in an earlier post is.
Sure, her name is Joanna.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Have you read the information in the thread?
I have.

At the top, it says:
We are fortunate to have regular contributions from bmi staff, including our own tireless Diamond Club lurker Joanna, Diamond Club. Feel free to send her a PM but remember that her assistance is a kindness and not a right. Alternatively, you may wish to use the public Diamond Club email (see threads below) bearing in mind response times can be several weeks
To save you searching the embedded threads underneath that text, the email is diamond DOT club AT flybmi.com Good luck with getting your account adjusted
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajamieson
I have.

At the top, it says:

To save you searching the embedded threads underneath that text, the email is diamond DOT club AT flybmi.com Good luck with getting your account adjusted
Thanks for the info. I emailed 13 weeks ago, and 11 weeks ago without reply. I tried calling again today, and asked that I get an email response, when they asked me to call back tomorrow. If I don't get a reply I'll PM Joanna this weekend.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:17 pm

When I finally sent in the missing miles claim. The account had 0 destination miles in the business class adjustment. Can that be correct?
Whenever I've had the business class adjustment it has had 0 destination miles also.

I would suggest a pleasant note to 'Diamond Club' should get you all sorted.
Remember though, that when dealing with GB customer service staff you "get more flies with honey than vinegar" -- treating the staff with respect and keeping pleasant despite your obvious frustration may make resolution a quicker prospect. I'm sure bmi staff are more frustrated than the passengers with the rather odd things that pop up from their IT system.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Dear Gakke. I am a relatively newbie to DC. But my experience is that everything gets credited back manually after proper efforts on both sides. Is it frustrating? yes! But should you get all excited about it? Not worth it. So just be cool and kind with the BD staff. TG staff seem to have serious problem in correctly inputing BD FFP number (should be BD"number"); it is their mistake, not BD's. Once Diamond Club missed the TG flight, the remaining sequence of your story is automatic. I am sure that other posters here will give you indications on the person to contact to do the manual adjustment.
I probably credited over 100 TG flight segments to BD in the past and didn't have one single problem provided my correct number printed on the boarding pass. Not just TG but almost any airline staff at any airport outside of where BMI is popular have a problem with BD numbers. They don't know the code is "BD" and have to look it up. It is very rare for me to find staff who know the code by memory. Some incompetent staff don't know how to look it up so just leave your number off. I always ask if they inputed the code if I suspect they haven't and when they give that blank look when staring at your BD card and flip it over to see if there's a code I just say, "the code is BD" and all is fine then. Finally when I get my boarding pass I check it to be sure my correct number is there with the "BD" prefix and that it says *G. If not I ask why and tell them to please print another boarding pass until my correct number shows.

SQ flights are another story. Sometimes my number doesn't print out on the boarding pass and the miles don't post even though my number is correctly inputted. I had one agent even turn the computer screen around to show me my number was correct and she tried printing out my boarding pass several times but it was of no use.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
The only time I ever flew with TG, the outward mileage from the UK did eventually get credited automatically but took a long time and the return trip required manual intervention, even though my BD number was associated with the booking. I phoned DC and they tried to check over the phone but it seems they encountered some computer problems confirming that I was on the flight (seems the airlines have some sort of passenger file that *A partners have access to). Eventually, I posted my boarding card and DC credited the points but I'm not sure all the internal checks were correctly completed. However, I am certain the problem was not caused by DC.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have thrown away my paper ticket, will BMI credit me miles when I send them boarding passes?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Richey66
I have thrown away my paper ticket, will BMI credit me miles when I send them boarding passes?

worst case scenario would be to request a copy of the passenger reciept from your airline but try to send them the bp's !

Basically the rule is you need all documents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.