FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No destination miles for flying in business class?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:58 pm
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Dear Gakke. I am a relatively newbie to DC. But my experience is that everything gets credited back manually after proper efforts on both sides. Is it frustrating? yes! But should you get all excited about it? Not worth it. So just be cool and kind with the BD staff. TG staff seem to have serious problem in correctly inputing BD FFP number (should be BD"number"); it is their mistake, not BD's. Once Diamond Club missed the TG flight, the remaining sequence of your story is automatic. I am sure that other posters here will give you indications on the person to contact to do the manual adjustment.
I probably credited over 100 TG flight segments to BD in the past and didn't have one single problem provided my correct number printed on the boarding pass. Not just TG but almost any airline staff at any airport outside of where BMI is popular have a problem with BD numbers. They don't know the code is "BD" and have to look it up. It is very rare for me to find staff who know the code by memory. Some incompetent staff don't know how to look it up so just leave your number off. I always ask if they inputed the code if I suspect they haven't and when they give that blank look when staring at your BD card and flip it over to see if there's a code I just say, "the code is BD" and all is fine then. Finally when I get my boarding pass I check it to be sure my correct number is there with the "BD" prefix and that it says *G. If not I ask why and tell them to please print another boarding pass until my correct number shows.

SQ flights are another story. Sometimes my number doesn't print out on the boarding pass and the miles don't post even though my number is correctly inputted. I had one agent even turn the computer screen around to show me my number was correct and she tried printing out my boarding pass several times but it was of no use.