Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

PROMO: buying miles fee waived, juicy e-shopping bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: buying miles fee waived, juicy e-shopping bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:55 am

As I posted in the other thread:

Earlier today, I called Donnington Hall to speak to Pre-Travel services, and a very nice chap promised to look into it and give me a call back in the afternoon.

Just now at 3:50pm I received a call back from him, saying that he found out there was a rogue service on their server which was causing havoc with various systems, and that service has now been restarted which means everything is working again.

And I am very happy to report that the Buy Miles is working again.

Good work!! It's the second time in the recent past that I was very impressed by my dealings with Donnington Hall ^^^
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
New banner when you enter bmi shopping...................

Earn 300 bonus destination miles when you spend £25 or more*

*300 BONUS destinations miles will be added to accounts within 60 days of qualifying purchase. The qualifying transaction must be over £25 and made between 15 July and 31 August 2009
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore

*300 BONUS destinations miles will be added to accounts within 60 days of qualifying purchase. The qualifying transaction must be over £25 and made between 15 July and 31 August 2009
Did some ebay buy now transactions to get the 300 miles ^

Just a heads up on the 15 GBP buying miles waiver! Bump!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Talking

Pleased to report that, other than the shopping bonus miles which got credited via a retroclaim to Diamond Club last year, the miles for each of the transactions finally posted a few days ago!

I was quite surprised to finally get them on my account..

Is that a record for the longest wait (+12 months)?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Every online purchase has tracked for me since the very beginning, until now, that is... are things working for the rest of you?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:18 pm

If you're talking about Hiltons, they take at least a week, maybe two, to show up these days. Tracking does seem a bit slow at the moment, but they appear eventually, well 95% of the time. Infact, on my last payout, one or two transactions only appeared in my list the day they were also paid.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:28 pm

Is this for every 25£ transaction? Let's say I did 10 would I get 3000 miles?

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
If you're talking about Hiltons, they take at least a week, maybe two, to show up these days.
Been waiting a month and more now to see them track. They used to track in a few days and then credit at their leisure... these ones involve some serious money, so I'm keeping a close eye. /holds breath/

Originally Posted by eagle21
Is this for every 25£ transaction? Let's say I did 10 would I get 3000 miles?
Nope. Sorry. Just one time.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
About to book a Hilton, 2 nights at £100.

How to do this? Have read the Hilton Honors and BMI DC. Have also read the Miles for Hotel stays but still confused.

a) through the flybmi front page: book flight/hotel/rental car (which takes you into Expedia), seems to offer 750 mi for a 4* hotel res, or is that 750 mi/night? Plus, if your HHonors prefs are correctly set to "fixed", 1,000 mi / night up to 3,000 max?

Tried this once and neither the flybmi front page nor the expedia pages were interested in my DC number, no points materialised.

b) through the shopping portal: members area->online shopping->Hilton, currently offers 4 mi/£ spent = 800 mi plus this new 300 one-time e-shopping bonus = 1100, then also the 1,000 mi/ night?

And more importantly which of these methods is likely to post automatically, without the retro-credit flapdoodle?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 9:28 pm

a) Wouldn't touch it for a Hilton, it will likely end in tears.
b) That's the one, but as to any potential the retro-claim flapdoodle? Toss a coin.

Of course it goes without saying, to get the 1000 miles a night, you must also be a HHonors account holder with your 'Double Dip' preference set to 'HHonors Points and Fixed Miles'
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Did some ebay buy now transactions to get the 300 miles ^
How long did that take to post?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Double miles with online shopping, says the December promo E Mail.

But the link just goes to the normal "start shopping" page with no mention of double miles?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
If you do indeed start shopping you can see all the suppliers with double miles offered.

Waterstones is particularly good at 13 miles to the pound. Charles Tyrwhitt at 19 miles to the pound isn't bad either if you need a shirt or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.