Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Paging Joanna: time for an open and honest discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paging Joanna: time for an open and honest discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2007, 1:34 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by NickB
Indeed. Joanna's contribution in relation to FT has been to help various FTers with difficulties they have encountered and provide information on various issues related to DC. And for this, I, for one, am very grateful. I don't think it is Joanna's brief to act as spokesperson for BD on this forum and it is rather unfair to put her on the spot on this.
I agree 100%, these questions shouldn't be put to Joanna it's grossly unfair.

Joanna is an absolute diamond (pardon the pun ) and I for one wouldn't want her to feel awkward about coming on here because of questions like these put to her.
Old May 16, 2007, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Oh dear, what a disappointment that what I thought was the opening of a legitimate debate should effectively lead to a black......g.

To add some context here, the original post was directed at Joanna merely because she has been so wonderfully responsive. With hindsight, I accept that she may not be best placed to provide the answers, but is when it comes to identifying someone within BD who is.

As the majority of you can only find fault in asking what I still believe to be a series of legitimate questions, I'll bow to the majority and cause you no further distress.

As for this:

Originally Posted by ajamieson
but it it should be obvious diamond club is not obliged to answer such a wide range of questions raised. Especially when she gets rudely addressed like a hired help, as witnessed in this post
... it merely reflected ongoing [and shared] frustration at delay after delay with the updating of member accounts. While the tone may have been inappropriately abrupt, I apologise unreservedly should it have caused Diamond Club any [unintended] offence.

Cheerio.
Old May 16, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
The reason I stick with BMI is Joanna.

So many things don't go right when it comes to getting the miles you have flown. Every time she manages to sort it out correctly. I know in her you can trust.

As to the product, I actually like it. It feels like it's a small family affair competing against the big boys. It's not right all the time but they are trying.

The Indian call centre is better than united's Indian call centre but I long for the day it comes back to the UK, and the operator's are empowered to take some initiative. To be like Joanna really.
Old May 16, 2007, 3:29 am

Programs: QF Silver, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Priority Pass
Have to agree with the mods here. Joanna was very specific about what she could and could not deal with when she first joined FT.

Compared to many other major company that 'hide' behind call centres (not just airlines) I think we are extremely lucky to have any kind of contact at all. So I would hope that we don't jeopardise this by directing the more challenging questions about how the business is run at the wrong person.

On the few occasions that I have needed to email Joanna she has always been very helpful. I understand that there are other perfectly valid questions which we might have about BMI's policies, but these clearly aren't within Joanna's control.
Old May 16, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Considering how Joanna was very specific in her introductory post about what role she could play with FTers, I'm pleased that the Mods chose to deflect the OPs (however well-meaning), line of questioning away from her.

While I have had thankfully little reason to be in touch with Joanna, when the need has arised, she has responded promptly and throughly...for which I am much obliged.
Old May 16, 2007, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by beaubo
Considering how Joanna was very specific in her introductory post about what role she could play with FTers, I'm pleased that the Mods chose to deflect the OPs (however well-meaning), line of questioning away from her.

While I have had thankfully little reason to be in touch with Joanna, when the need has arised, she has responded promptly and throughly...for which I am much obliged.
Please, read the response, not just 3 above your own reply (guessing you picked up the 'discussion' at an earliet point, so not as willing to attack as certain others on here)
Old May 16, 2007, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Oh dear, what a disappointment that what I thought was the opening of a legitimate debate should effectively lead to a black......g.

To add some context here, the original post was directed at Joanna merely because she has been so wonderfully responsive. With hindsight, I accept that she may not be best placed to provide the answers, but is when it comes to identifying someone within BD who is.

As the majority of you can only find fault in asking what I still believe to be a series of legitimate questions, I'll bow to the majority and cause you no further distress.

As for this:

... it merely reflected ongoing [and shared] frustration at delay after delay with the updating of member accounts. While the tone may have been inappropriately abrupt, I apologise unreservedly should it have caused Diamond Club any [unintended] offence.

Cheerio.
I do actually agree with most of what you said and i find alot of posts on here seem to be ''I love BMI fanclub'' and if you dare to step off that line then certain people attack you sometimes personally!!! Sorry guys just my honest feeling.

I do however agree with the majority on here that these questions are not really suited to Joanna and it would not be fair to lay these questions onto her. It would be nice if someone from BMI customer relations decided to join the forum instead of just ''spying'' on it . Then reasonable questions could be asked and responses given.

So Virtualtroy whilst your questions i personally thought were good ones it was just addressed to the wrong person. Dont feel under attack as no one has the right to attack another member on here. Everyone has the right to their opinion as long as its in a polite and civil manner.
Old May 16, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Please, read the response, not just 3 above your own reply (guessing you picked up the 'discussion' at an earliet point, so not as willing to attack as certain others on here)
definitely not intending to 'attack' anyone; sorry if it might have been taken that way!
Old May 17, 2007, 1:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DELLAS
.... I find alot of posts on here seem to be ''I love BMI fanclub''....
In my opinion most posts merely reflect the opinion that the questions while valid are more suited for someone other than Joanna.

I for one agree with a lot of what the OP says - however it is important that questions about policy and strategy are directed at those that are responsible for said policy and strategy.

I have have to agree that all opinions count but am not sure that most are from the bmi fanclub. However its good to see positive support for bmi rather than the usual negatives. But there again most forums are a discussion of the negative aspects or challenges the FT'er experiences when the airline/hotel/car rental company doesn't or can't meet their needs or expectations (IMHO).
Old May 17, 2007, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I think the trouble with the OP's post is that it and its title seemed to be too personal and sounded aggressive towards diamond club. I think, like many on here that she is a real gem and have always appreciated her input and help.
I do think that the OP has some good points, but, as other have said, they cannot be directed directly to her. Also the OP's post has things that do concern DC (like the redemption routing troubles nowadays) and some that totally do not.

I do believe however that if the OP had been more tactful, we could have a constructive discussion and perhaps diamond club would then be able to constructively bring our comments/gripes to whomever has power in the DC system.

I am sure she understands how posts here can sound aggressive even though the OP's intention were probably not such. So perhaps we should close this thread and start a new one that concentrates on DC issues and in which we can voice the things we would like the powers in DC to really fix.
Old May 17, 2007, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the last few posts, much of the kind of constructive comments I was originally hoping for.
Old May 17, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I do believe however that if the OP had been more tactful, we could have a constructive discussion and perhaps diamond club would then be able to constructively bring our comments/gripes to whomever has power in the DC system.
Thanks for the last few posts, much of the kind of constructive comments I was originally hoping for.
Well, there you have it.

Ask and it shall be done - our very own Q&A session with the senior people at Diamond Club. Questions, please, on the new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.