FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   DC Partner: Earning opportunity: E-Rewards (ended 29 June 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/683901-earning-opportunity-e-rewards-ended-29-june-2011-a.html)

Mr H Jun 29, 2007 2:12 am

All I get is the occasional financial services survey. I don't "consume" any financial services products and have no plans to do so. The first one I got kicked out after a couple of questions. Next time I tried to think myself into the role and gave encouraging answers. Still got kicked out. To be honest, I think I'd stand more chance of success if I phoned QuizCall to complete the film title: The _____________.

Oxon Flyer Jun 29, 2007 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Mr H (Post 7975857)
I think I'd stand more chance of success if I phoned QuizCall to complete the film title: The _____________.

How about "The Great Big bmi e-rewards Sc@m" ? Great opening, but you lose interest and get up and leave half way through.

Grantosol Jun 29, 2007 4:31 am

Did one last night:

Question: "Do you own a dog?"

Answer: "No"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Felt a tad guilty about taking the points, but did it anyway. I'm now up to 1250 e-rewards points. 2000 transfers to 500 bmi membership points. Not a lot, but reallly no effort required.

Grantosol

cmcbugg Jul 4, 2007 2:22 am

DVD Survey

I have a DVD Survey to do now;

the first question is:
Are you or is anyone in your household employed in any of the following industries? Please select all that apply.

1) An advertising or creative agency
2) A market research company
3) A company involved in the production, distribution, rental or sale of pre-recorded DVDs
4) Movie studio or video company
5) News media, including newspapers, magazines, TV, radio or Internet news

6) None of the above

It's 350 points for the right answer and 50 for the wrong.

I selected 2 and 5 - and got "Unfortunately, your responses do not meet the criteria required to fully-qualify and complete this study."

thought it may have been a trick question - the answer is probably 6

ajamieson Jul 4, 2007 2:35 am

Think I might have had the silliest one yet:

"Are you male or female?"
"Male"
"Thank you for participating in this survey."

Since they already know my gender, that seems like an easy (if very daft) 30 points...

Raffles Jul 4, 2007 2:40 am

Anyone got the 250 miles for signing up and completing at least one survey by 30th June?

Thought not .....

G-BOAC Jul 4, 2007 2:57 am

I am still waiting for these 250...and the 500 AmEx MR transfer bonus ;)

sl1ppy Jul 4, 2007 3:48 am

Has one yesterday on broadband/telephony - managed to fully qualify for the 300 points!

jbfield Jul 4, 2007 6:06 am

A little fact that you may not be aware of but which *might* have a bearing on why e-rewards have yet to enable the redemption for BMI miles option.

Firstly, points earned during a certain year expire at the end of a e-rewards determined year. If you earn you 2000 miles or more this (e-rewards membership year) you will have to redeem them this year else they expire (although some posts indicate they sometime give you another years grace).

Secondly, although I can't see it mentioned in the terms and conditions, other threads suggest that when you make one redemption (minimum 2000 miles) you cannot make another until the next yearly quarter!

So in effect, not having the option to redeem the miles so far has reduced the redemption opportunities down to three quarters. Doesn't seem like they're going to enable redemptions any time soon so I'd imagine the most us new members will be able to redeem is 4000 points (should we reach that).

I think the reality might be if you earn 2000 points there is very little chance of you earning another 2000 before they expire!

Originally Posted by e-rewards Terms and Conditions
Section 8 a
As described below, Member's initial Membership Year will be between 12 and 15 months in duration. Each subsequent Membership Year will be 12 months in duration. Each Membership Year will end on the last day of the corresponding annual quarter and shall be determined according to the Member’s enrolment date as follows:

Section 8 b

All EuroRewards Points earned during any Membership Year must be redeemed within 30 days following the end of the Membership Year. (For example: A Member who enrols on 15 January, 2007 is assigned a Membership Year ending on 31 March, 2008 and must redeem EuroRewards Points earned during the Membership Year running from 15 January, 2007 to 31 March, 2008 by no later than 30 April, 2008.)

Section 8 c

Following the end of the 30 day period, as set forth in Section 8.b. above, seventy-five percent (75%) of any unused EuroRewards Points remaining in a Member's account that were earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the EuroRewards Points earned by the Member during the past Membership Year shall be automatically transferred into such Member's account balance for the next Membership Year

Mr H Jul 4, 2007 10:26 am

I don't even get the chance to earn points for saying whether I am male or female (I am). :confused:

Oxon Flyer Jul 9, 2007 3:56 am

e-rewards e-mail sent out at 21:11 on Saturday 7 July:

Dear ,
Based on your e-Rewards profile, you are invited to earn EuroRewards Points for participating in a research survey. If you qualify and complete the survey:
Full reward amount: 350 EuroRewards Points
Full survey length: approximately 15 minutes
To complete the survey and earn EuroRewards Points, simply click the link below, or copy the URL into your browser:
http://www.e-rewards.co.uk/pro.do?FT=DP3BF7YJ....
We encourage you to respond quickly - this e-Rewards invitation will be available only until a predetermined number of responses have been received. Please note: you will only receive EuroRewards Points for taking the survey once.
Continue to check your inbox for future opportunities to earn EuroRewards Points.
We value your time,
The e-Rewards Team
Monday 9 July, 09:30 :

Thank you for accepting our invitation to participate in this e-Rewards earning opportunity. We apologize, but this e-Rewards earning opportunity has expired
Not impressed. :td:

ajamieson Jul 9, 2007 4:41 am

In fairness, it says "this e-Rewards invitation will be available only until a predetermined number of responses have been received" and "we encourage you to respond quickly". At least we now know that "quickly" means within two days...

Kevincm Jul 9, 2007 5:16 am

Well I got my first survey in a few weeks.. all for 50 points.

Joy :rolleyes:

I've also had an invite to join the same programme with with AF/KLM.... Can I be bothtered twice is the big question :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jbfield Jul 9, 2007 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 8024933)
e-rewards e-mail sent out at 21:11 on Saturday 7 July:
Monday 9 July, 09:30 :
Not impressed. :td:

I received that invite at about 7pm on Saturday 7th July. I went to it as soon as the email came in and I still got the same message!

Strangly I got another invite last night for a survey in $ instead of points?! May account balance has also change to US$ instead of points to...was 1850 points but is now $18.50...:confused:

cmcbugg Jul 9, 2007 6:38 am

Originally Posted by jbfield (Post 8025223)
Strangly I got another invite last night for a survey in $ instead of points?!

Yes, I got one last night in $ instead of points too. Oddly it was the same DVD one I got a few days earlier which was in points then - tried some different answers and got further in the survey but then became ineligible for apparently having the wrong aged children (although by then they'd already gotten a whole load of personal information from me - and for only 50 points! - oh well, it wasn't real information anyway).