FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   DC Partner: Earning opportunity: E-Rewards (ended 29 June 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/683901-earning-opportunity-e-rewards-ended-29-june-2011-a.html)

Grantosol Apr 18, 2007 9:59 am

Earning opportunity: E-Rewards (ended 29 June 2011)

Just received this from DC:

As a diamond club member, we're pleased to be able to provide you with a new opportunity to earn destinations miles simply by sharing your experiences and opinions.

By joining the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel you'll be able to earne-RewardsEuroRewards Points, which you can exchange for destinations miles in your diamond club account. Simply take part in as many or as few online surveys as you wish - all of which will bepre-screenedto match your interests.

You can also exchange youre-RewardsEuroRewards Points for other Rewards from leading companies. You'll help shape future products and services from major companies - and be rewarded for your time.

Joining thee-RewardsOpinion Panel is quick, your privacy is guaranteed and there is no cost to take part. And when you enrol today you'll receive a valuable Welcome Gift as our way of saying thank you. Learn more.

In addition to your Welcome Gift, you'll get 250 destinations miles when you take your first survey after enrolling by 30 June 2007.

Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby, East Midlands, DE74 2SB

According to the email header, this is a targeted campaign. Have just signed up and completed the first survey. Took 5/10 mins. Expect that I will be snowed with spam... However, someone with greater maths skills than me may be able to work out how many destinations miles it is possible to earn this way..

Grantosol

PS - the typos in the DC email are theirs, not mine..

Wingnut Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am

Golly you're quick. I just came to post that too...

cmcbugg Apr 18, 2007 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Wingnut (Post 7601579)
Golly you're quick. I just came to post that too...

Yeah, I just signed up and went through the tiresome process of answering all the questions (you need to get to the last page to put your DC number in). Oh well, anything for a few extra points. One of the free gifts was a £15 off voucher for Hertz which isn't bad for nothing I guess.

Alinlondon Apr 18, 2007 10:26 am

Yes just signed up, its going to take a lot of surveys to earn 2k DC miles :)

Raffles Apr 18, 2007 10:29 am

Here is the full list of rewards from the e-rewards.co.uk. If you are a member of any of the other of these programmes, you can ask them to invite you instead of BMI - click on the link on the homepage.

1,500 EuroRewards Points
4 free gourmet burgers plus free delivery with every order over £25 (Out of Stock)

2,000 EuroRewards Points
1,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points (Coming Soon)
500 diamond club destinations miles (Coming Soon)
500 US Airways Dividend Miles
500 Continental Airlines OnePass® Miles
500 Delta SkyMiles®

2,500 EuroRewards Points
£15 off a Hertz car rental
£15 off at FORZIERI.com

3,000 EuroRewards Points
£15 off any order of £60 or more plus free delivery and 4 free gourmet burgers (Out of Stock)

4,000 EuroRewards Points
3,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points (Coming Soon)
1,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
1,000 diamond club destinations miles (Coming Soon)
1,000 Continental Airlines OnePass® Miles
1,000 Delta SkyMiles®

4,500 EuroRewards Points
£30 off at FORZIERI.com

5,000 EuroRewards Points
£30 off a Hertz car rental

8,000 EuroRewards Points
2,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
2,000 Continental Airlines OnePass® Miles
2,000 Delta SkyMiles®
2,000 diamond club destinations miles (Coming Soon)

SpudGun Apr 18, 2007 10:36 am

would not let me sign up - keeps telling me my postcode is invalid :mad:

will try in a little while, but may not be worth the hassle. will save the email for a few days before binning it I would think

p

Oxon Flyer Apr 18, 2007 10:51 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg (Post 7601598)
Yeah, I just signed up and went through the tiresome process of answering all the questions (you need to get to the last page to put your DC number in)

you can actually scoot past most of the multitude of question pages without giving any response at all : only a few are mandatory.

ajamieson Apr 18, 2007 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SpudGun (Post 7601808)
would not let me sign up - keeps telling me my postcode is invalid :mad:

I got that, too - it wants at least one character space between the first part and the second part eg EH1 1DH, not EH11DH.

Took the Hertz voucher but the link to it won't work. Might email back and ask for the 500 points instead. I hate to see any points account balance with fewer than five figures in it ;)

Kevincm Apr 18, 2007 11:18 am

E-rewards and BMI FAQ

Comments welcome. Please shove them toward my PM box :)

What’s this all about?

e-rewards is an online survey panel. You subscribe to it, you fill in the surveys. For surveys you get points, which you can convert into “awards”

How is this related to BMI?

BMI normally invite people at specific points to join e-rewards, either at registration, a special offer or an invite after a BMI “Diamond Club” held survey

What can I get out of them?
*NOTE Varies from programme to programme. There are programs that reward Delta, US Airways, Continental, Hertz, Flying Blue (AF/KLM) and others. This is related to the BMI version of the programme.

Since you’re browsing the forum, I presume you’re after BMI Destination miles (You can’t get Status miles from them. That involves flying).

Currently reward rates are
2000 points = 500 Destination Miles
4000 points = 1000 Destination Miles
8000 points = 2000 Destination Miles

For those who wish to convert these miles into Hilton HHONORS points, this is where holding the miles on come into play

2000 points = 1000 Hilton Points
4000 points = 3000 Hilton Points (a 1000 better than BMI!)

You can also get Hertz and Hilton rewards too from the BMI version of the programme. There’s also Food and Clothes rewards too if you look deep enough.

This is sounding interesting… sign me up!

Current promotion – go here: http://www.e-rewards.co.uk/Enroll.do?IC=CP3H9POTV26

These promotions do change, and I’ll keep this up to date as best as possible.

Make sure you have a Diamond Club account first. Once you do that, start filling in those fields. Welcome gifts and points change. READ THEM BEFORE PRESSING SUBMIT AS WELL AS READING THE T&C’s…

I’ve heard lots of things about their expiry policy…

Personally, I have not run into it (although I could be at the end of Q2). My advice is IF YOU HAVE THE POINTS, REDEEM WHEN YOU CAN. DO NOT WAIT TO REDEEM UNLESS YOU ARE ONLY A FEW POINTS OUT (unless Hilton as stated above...).

You can view your expiry details on the website, and the policy is in the T&C's

Draco (The ancient Greek law giver) would had been proud of e-rewards. The terms are quite draconian - after your anniversary date, you lose 75% of unredeemed miles. SO REMEMBER WHEN YOUR ANNIVERSARY IS AND WHEN THEY EXPIRE!

I’ve been asked to fill in your extended profile now.

Ah. This is where you become demographically challenged. Be honest and fill in the profile where appropriate.

I’m getting next to no surveys.

Patience is required They come in drips and drabs (I’ve been known to wait 2 months for one, then 3 come along at once). Certain professions are targeted better, Certain groups are. This is really crystal ball stuff from here on in.

Make sure your profile is set to 10 or more surveys a week… not that it helps.

Woohoo! I got a survey!

Right. Getting off your hind and FILL IT IN. Be honest and don’t try to guess the demographics in it.

There are 3 types of surveys
- Quick Surveys – These earn 25+5 or 50+5 if you’re lucky. Worth doing to stack the points up
- Proper Surveys – these can be from 100 to 1350 upwards. Providing you pass the screening criteria, you can do them fine.
- Profile Re-enforcement Surveys - These can appear randomly to update your profile.

I didn’t get past the pre-screening … why?

e-rewards screening is umm… others have more direct opinions, but mine can be summed up in “Couldn’t shoot fish in a barrel”. Occasionally, they do fill up if a particular demographic is reached or you’re too late

You quote a survey amount + 5 … what’s that about?

The +5 isn’t that important (an extra 5 points), which you get for clicking the invite link (athough if you're a few miles short of a reward - then it becomes important).

Claiming Miles

If you’ve surpassed 2000 points, you can cash your points into prizes! Go to rewards and claim the reward of your dream (BMI Miles are normally good if you’re collecting them)

Go to Rewards, and select your reward you wish to cash in. You can do it once per quarter at any point within that quater (Q1 - January, Q2 - April, Q3 - July, Q4 - October). So make sure you’ve made the right choice. You’ll need to enter your Diamond Club number and press submit. Over a few days these will wing to your account like so:

1000 Point transfer example
Code:

xx/xx/2008          EE          e-Rewards - Miles Transfer          1000          0

Should I stay in e-rewards after I’ve made my first claim. It seemed painful to earn 500 measly miles like this…

This is down to personal opinion. Personally, if you can stick it out, hang on in there and continue to claim, it can be worth it. (A quick example, you’ve saved spending £333 on a BMI Credit card, or if you’ve brought the miles online £21 or so. ).

If your profile isn’t pulling in the surveys, I would either modify it, or call it a day.

Should I tweak my profile?

NOTE: If you do this, you’re on your own – I’m just providing “advice”. ;)

You should update your profile every now and again to show what you’re doing. This might open up more surveys to you ( for example, having a child I’ve found has helped…)

You should keep your profile up-to-date, but be selective. If you select more there’s a chance you’ll screen yourself out of surveys.

I’ve signed up to E-rewards and I can’t send miles to Diamond Club… Help!

As stated, e-reward sponsor programmes can choose to limit who you can reward too (for example, the BMI program limits to BMI, Hertz, Hilton, and you can’t spend your points on Flying Blue, Delta, US Airways). If that’s the case, and you want to join the BMI e-rewards programme, you need to leave e-rewards and re-sign up (forfeiting any balance you have)

Edited 01/07/08 - Clarified Quarters, Added Survey type
Edited 22/03/08 - Thanks to Raffles RE: Expiry and Hilton Points

------ Originally posted message below ---
Just got the link, and tested it. Worked fine here, and I'm all signed for anohter flurry of spam.

I took the 500 point welcome gift - a nice head start.

Anything for destination miles isn't it... ;)

Raffles Apr 18, 2007 11:30 am

Someone want to post the link, if its not personalised? No email for me so far.

Jetstreamer Apr 18, 2007 12:08 pm

Got this too :)

When I saw the email subject line "by invitation only" I thought I'd finally scored an invite to a gold card event. I was half way through dusting down by dinner jacket when I realised I was merely invited to fill out some surveys!

jarino Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 7602132)
Someone want to post the link, if its not personalised? No email for me so far.

It's not personalized, the link is:
http://www.flybmi.com/livetrack/link.aspx?LinkID=3502

jbfield Apr 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Nice one,
Cheers.

FlyingOnceMore Apr 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer (Post 7602375)
Got this too :)

When I saw the email subject line "by invitation only" I thought I'd finally scored an invite to a gold card event. I was half way through dusting down by dinner jacket when I realised I was merely invited to fill out some surveys!

Exactly the same thought here :D

jarino Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm

It looks like the e-rewards "master-thread" on FT is this one: :o
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581792