Options...

Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Options...

guys,
after reading a lot yesterday, I'm now scared that BD781 will be cancelled on Dec. 7. Many posts have led me to believe that this flight is now a lottery. My question is, what are my options in case this flight gets cancelled (or fear of the worst, this route is cancelled in near future)? I am booked on E+ on this flight to BOM. Will BD reschedule me on a different flight? Or since the ticket is issued by VS, VS will reschedule my flight? Will they book me on Economy or Business? Either way I think I'll be looking at some inconvenience/a long stayover at Heathrow. What other airlines can BD or VS book me on? I'm hoping this flight doesn't get cancelled and I continue with this journey; however after reading a lot of posts, I've become skeptical and want to prepare myself for the worse and/or best
Thanking You in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:24 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
guys,
after reading a lot yesterday, I'm now scared that BD781 will be cancelled on Dec. 7. Many posts have led me to believe that this flight is now a lottery. My question is, what are my options in case this flight gets cancelled (or fear of the worst, this route is cancelled in near future)? I am booked on E+ on this flight to BOM. Will BD reschedule me on a different flight? Or since the ticket is issued by VS, VS will reschedule my flight? Will they book me on Economy or Business? Either way I think I'll be looking at some inconvenience/a long stayover at Heathrow. What other airlines can BD or VS book me on? I'm hoping this flight doesn't get cancelled and I continue with this journey; however after reading a lot of posts, I've become skeptical and want to prepare myself for the worse and/or best
Thanking You in advance.
I asked a similar question the other day regarding my upcoming J class booking to ANU (similar canx/plane substitution issues pending??) and got this info;
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoY
Yes, appreciate your point...and I agree.....but....what would I be "entitled" to/should I expect, if the scenarios I painted did indeed happen?

You have a choice of cancelling +refund or re-routing.
For re-routing, either BD puts you on an alternative carrier in the same class of travel, or they downgrade you on their own service.
If they downgrade you, you are entitled to a 75% refund of the price paid for your ticket.

Hope it helps.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
also, I was checking the KVS Availability tool and I searched to see if any U class would be available on BMI on my return leg to London; however KVS doesn't even show Flight 782. What should I take note from this information?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.