Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI Gold upgrade vouchers DO have value ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

BMI Gold upgrade vouchers DO have value, I've found ....

.... I just got £80 for a set of four on ebay ^ .

(Not entirely in the spirit of FT, I admit, but I pay for 95% of my travel out of my own pocket so have minimal guilt about offsetting part of the cost where I can.)

Anyone else with vouchers going spare and an expiring Gold card looming may want to consider this route. I also got £2 for a pair of Avis upgrade vouchers!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold,QF Plat, BMI*G, UA 1K,Emirates Skywards Gold, SPG Gold, PC Gold
Cheers Raffles

They will come in very handy for a possible upgrade from PE to C on the LHR-BOM trips .
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I nearly bid for those
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:20 am

That's odd. Gold upgrade voucher at £20, Avis voucher at £1. Personally, I'd reverse those values.

Originally Posted by where2now
They will come in very handy for a possible upgrade from PE to C on the LHR-BOM trips
You realise that's very unlikely as it's not a legitimate use of the voucher?

Last edited by Wingnut; Mar 27, 2006 at 2:25 am
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold,QF Plat, BMI*G, UA 1K,Emirates Skywards Gold, SPG Gold, PC Gold
Wingnut if you want some Avis vouchers I got some you can have gratis they are of no use to me, our Co policy is we have to use Hertz the wallet.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:02 am

Cheers Raffles

They will come in very handy for a possible upgrade from PE to C on the LHR-BOM trips .

well I wouldnt hold your breath , the upgrade vouchers cannot be used from pe to C on longhaul, and the flights are never overcatered so u may get fro Econ to pe to but not c
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by newbmiflyer
well I wouldnt hold your breath , the upgrade vouchers cannot be used from pe to C on longhaul, and the flights are never overcatered so u may get fro Econ to pe to but not c
Officially correct, but has worked twice for me in the past used vouchers for PE to C upgrade on flights that have been busy in WHY
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The Gold upgrade vouchers have been selling on eBay for an average of about £18 per voucher for ages now.
In fact there is a couple for sale at the moment for £30 'buy it now'.
The Avis upgrade vouchers tend to very in what they achieve price wise, sometimes they sell for £1-2 or not at all, and sometimes I have seen them go for almost £30!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:36 am

Officially correct, but has worked twice for me in the past used vouchers for PE to C upgrade on flights
Out of interest, from which airports and how recently? And when you say busy in Y do you mean busy or do you mean chocka?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:32 am
Suspended

Damn, I just gave 4 GUV away. I could have made some money

As for Avis vouchers, never used one - loyal Hertz fan here. Avis has horrendous customer service on this side of the pond.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Wingnut
Out of interest, from which airports and how recently? And when you say busy in Y do you mean busy or do you mean chocka?
Out of LHR in August and December both Chocka so in fairness may have been in line for an op up anyway. And if another opportunity doesn't come up nothing lost can still make use of them on my regular DUB or BHD trips just eat and drink 20 quid's worth.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:55 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by clubman
The Gold upgrade vouchers have been selling on eBay for an average of about £18 per voucher for ages now.
In fact there is a couple for sale at the moment for £30 'buy it now'.
The Avis upgrade vouchers tend to very in what they achieve price wise, sometimes they sell for £1-2 or not at all, and sometimes I have seen them go for almost £30!
never saw that ! I have 16 of them here from last year. That means around 300 GBP , or the next cash part for my award in F to KTM.
The AVIS I can use here and there in Thailand, I know they are only valid for Europe and the USA, but in Thailand they not look for the fineprint, and so they gave already many times an upgrade for the vouchers.
So let´s search wherein ebay I get the upgrades off.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:25 am

Mind you, it's reassuring to know that a Blue Peter badge can go for more than a GUV. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Wingnut
Mind you, it's reassuring to know that a Blue Peter badge can go for more than a GUV. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Are these people insane... I treasure my blue peter badge dearly, i couldnt sell it if it was the last thing i owned
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Gold
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Are these people insane... I treasure my blue peter badge dearly, i couldnt sell it if it was the last thing i owned
Ok - someone has to ask. What did you do to get it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.