Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How long to get through LHR T2 at the moment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.

I am going to CGN on Lufthansa metal in a few days (9:30 a.m. flight). Not gone out of T2 recently. Can anyone let me know when I should get there. I am assuming if I get to T2 at 8:00 I will be OK. Too late or too early? Also as a BMI Gold, is there a Fast Track in T2? Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:40 am

Programs: BD-G VS-S HH-G SPG-G
Originally Posted by BA or bust
I am going to CGN on Lufthansa metal in a few days (9:30 a.m. flight). Not gone out of T2 recently. Can anyone let me know when I should get there. I am assuming if I get to T2 at 8:00 I will be OK. Too late or too early? Also as a BMI Gold, is there a Fast Track in T2? Thanks.
8 am sounds fine (maybe a little early if you really hate hanging around in airports) to me, you have fast *A G check in with Lufthansa which is usually pretty quick or if you have no luggage I just use the quick ticket machines as they are fastest. But there is no fast track secuirty for *A G

I've gone out of T2 a couple of times since the 'new' security restrictions have been in place and even at peak times the wait is only 10-15mins longer. (due mainly to people having to remove their shoes I think)

Anyway if you get there a couple of minutes early the Lufty lounge is nice and as usual offers a reasonable breakfast choice at that time in the morning of cereal etc. I actually think the business lounge in LHR T2 is better than the Senator lounge as it is larger and has the same but greater quantity of food and beverage choices. oh and you can see the planes out the window which always cheers me up

have a nice trip

Andy
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:45 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There's no FastTrack at T2 at all. The queues seem to ebb and flow more than normal, but I seem to remember that the right hand side goes into 2 queues where the left goes into 1. This may have changed recently, of course.

Apparently, LH have now decided to keep the SEN lounge for LH SEN only at LHR, but YMMV. The lounges are OK, but mainly by virtue of the fact that T2 is pretty grim in comparison. If you go into the right hand LH lounge, and sit at the far wall, you can usually get IB's free internet access through the wall.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I'd say 90 minutes is fine. The CGN flights are usually on a 50 or 70 seater Canadair Regional Jet operated by Lufthansa Regional/CityLine. Service and food are actually slightly better than mainline LH flights.

On the way back (assuming you'll be returning from CGN to LHR) Star Golds can use the First Class check-in and use the lounge (which unusually is before security (in fact, just opposite the LH check-in desks). There's literally nothing once you go through security so don't head for the gate until just before boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.