Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How much will it hurt to change this booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:57 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond

mrs dml and i have a return award booking EDI-LHR-SFO-RNO with bmi/UA in C and F.
Now it turns out that i could really do with staying o/night in FRA on the way out for a quick spot of business. ANA says LH have seats in C/F from EDI to SFO and then could fly UA to RNO from SFO still and there are seats back with LH as well. Course, F with LH (esp FRA) is also a better option than F with UA and best of all we would also avoid LHR.

so - tell me the bad news - what will it cost me to change both legs (if i can change it at all...do i need to cancel/would i be best to cancel and rebook)?

yes, i was a numpty and didn't book the trip as two one ways (tried but gave up - couldn't get the call centre guy to understand what i wanted to do)

i know i could probably find the answer eventually with a search but i need to decide v.v. quickly so thanks for any guidance.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Standard fee of £25 for booking amendments will apply.

Not sure if this fee is per booking or per pax - I chance my arm and say its per booking!

Then of course changes are subject to availability.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:22 pm
DML
Original Poster

is that £25 per booking leg or per booking in total?
£50 would be more than bearable
Old Sep 14, 2006, 3:53 pm

Diamond Club Terms and Conditions

Booking Free Flights

Changes to free flight bookings with bmi or any other partner airline are permitted not less than seven days prior to outbound departure only, (providing travel is within the same zone) and will incur a charge of £20 per passenger, per change request (regardless of the number of changes).

Changes are not permitted within seven days prior to outbound travel or after travel has commenced.

Please allow 14 days for tickets which need to be delivered overseas.
In the event of cancellation by you, before outbound travel, all Destinations Miles will be refunded in full. Any taxes paid will be refunded subject to a £25 administration charge.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:13 pm
DML
Original Poster

so its £20 per person, per change - if i'm changing 3 flights then its £60 per person? still not bad.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by DML
so its £20 per person, per change - if i'm changing 3 flights then its £60 per person? still not bad.

I think it will just be £20 per person, as it states "regardless of the number of changes''

If it is per flight change, you'd just be better off cancelling the whole thing and rebooking as its just £25.00 each for the cancellation.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:13 am
DML
Original Poster

thanks boddingtons - you've been a great help. off to change it now!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 5:17 am

According to 'the rules' you're not allowed stop-overs within Europe.

9 No stop-overs are permitted within Europe. Outside of Europe one stop-over is permitted. A stop-over is a lapse of at least 24 hours between your arrival and departure at any transfer point, i.e. if travelling from London Heathrow to Singapore via Frankfurt, you would not be able to stay in Frankfurt for more than 24 hours.

Last edited by sc_uk; Sep 15, 2006 at 5:24 am
Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by sc_uk
According to 'the rules' you're not allowed stop-overs within Europe.

9 No stop-overs are permitted within Europe. Outside of Europe one stop-over is permitted. A stop-over is a lapse of at least 24 hours between your arrival and departure at any transfer point, i.e. if travelling from London Heathrow to Singapore via Frankfurt, you would not be able to stay in Frankfurt for more than 24 hours.
Indeed, correctomundario sc_uk

24 hours only in FRA....but get a woman at the DC call centre....it's amazing what you can get past them! *ahem*
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:58 am
DML
Original Poster

we'll be in and out of FRA within 24/24
Old Sep 16, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold,BD Gold,SAS Gold
Originally Posted by DML
is that £25 per booking leg or per booking in total?
£50 would be more than bearable
It is 20GBP change fee per passenger n 25GBP cancellation charges
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:35 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Somewhat related to this thread I guess.
Can anyone shed any light on when the latest time to make a change to a ticket is? Is it once the pax has checked in or is it once the check-in closes/airport control has taken place?

If say I'm heading to the airport with a flexi fare and my car breaks down, it would be more useful to me to reschedule for a later date than cancel and claim from my travel insurance. Useful to know since I don't trust my car at the moment!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:46 pm
DML
Original Poster

BD T&Cs state "changeable before departure" for a fully flex ticket but how late you can push it i'm not sure. Someone else will know or have had experience i'm sure.

Update to my own situation - managed to change to LH F - extra £20 per person and a wee bit of extra tax for going through FRA, but still well worth it. Looking forward to visiting the FCT in FRA again.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield
Somewhat related to this thread I guess.
Can anyone shed any light on when the latest time to make a change to a ticket is? Is it once the pax has checked in or is it once the check-in closes/airport control has taken place?

If say I'm heading to the airport with a flexi fare and my car breaks down, it would be more useful to me to reschedule for a later date than cancel and claim from my travel insurance. Useful to know since I don't trust my car at the moment!
In terms of reward booking changes....

You can change upto 7 days before departure, providing the flight change is within the same zone.

Once outbound has commenced, no changes can be made!

£20 fee per pax to make changes. All changes subject to availability at time of request.

By the sound of that car of yours, I'd get a taxi
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:53 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Ok, I managed to get some time to call DC line today.
Not sure I came to a definate conclusion as I couldn't tell if he was saying "is" or "isn't".
First I thought he said I could change my plans up until the flight departs.
Then I think he said that I can change my plans up until 3 hours before the flight departs.

He also said that if I were to check-in e.g. OCLI, I could still change my plans afterwards [if within the timeframes] as they could cancel my check-in if required.

Guess I'll have to call them back to make certain of what he meant.

PS. Because of the amount of time I was out of the UK the past year I took my car off the road - it was parked next to a bush, but now it's half in the bush! MOT booked for three days before my flight...would really prefer to drive as else it'll lower my quasi-MR value!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.